PDA

View Full Version : 3102 "Please install the correct imaging unit correctly"

Custom Search

captain1976
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
This is new to me. First the yellow now both yellow and cyan. Both still show life left in the unit life indicator. Even tried both units with even more life from another "same exact model" machine.

I can't find anything in the service manual. Can anyone help here?

Thanks

costel fasola
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
dear friend

change resset chips if u want to work

Stirton.M
06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Likely a harness issue or the control board has failed. Check connections through from the harness to the MCB in the back. Replace the board if the harness checks out.

costel fasola
06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Likely a harness issue or the control board has failed. Check connections through from the harness to the MCB in the back. Replace the board if the harness checks out.
is no problem with boards thrust me... reset chips on the units or put equipment on new chips are already used on other equipment stations .

Stirton.M
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
is no problem with boards thrust me... reset chips on the units or put equipment on new chips are already used on other equipment stations .

Did you not see this part in his post????

Both still show life left in the unit life indicator. Even tried both units with even more life from another "same exact model" machine.

He had already swapped out the units from another machine, standard procedure. If the unit life indicator is showing life, then that is not what is wrong. What is going on is that the machine is not registering the IUs as installed, and when known good units are installed and the same issue is present, the only place left to look is the harness or MCB.

The only thing that happens when installing a new IU is a logic latch is set on the chip of the IU while at the same time the life counter is also reset. This does not resolve an issue that he has, which is the machine is not registering the presence of the IU, even when they are swapped out.

costel fasola
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I had this problem. I know what I'm talking.must make chips for the old station stops us to stay with the same device chips or chip reset

remati
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
...but ,I think that the best is change de units with new one...no reset

captain1976
06-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Did you not see this part in his post????

He had already swapped out the units from another machine, standard procedure. If the unit life indicator is showing life, then that is not what is wrong. What is going on is that the machine is not registering the IUs as installed, and when known good units are installed and the same issue is present, the only place left to look is the harness or MCB.

The only thing that happens when installing a new IU is a logic latch is set on the chip of the IU while at the same time the life counter is also reset. This does not resolve an issue that he has, which is the machine is not registering the presence of the IU, even when they are swapped out.

Thanks, I'm going to get another cable from some parts machines I have in the warehouse. Will give them a try tomorrow and go with a board change if that doesnt do it.

Appreciate the help

Custom Search