PDA

View Full Version : KM5050 Error in tray 1

Custom Search

JSC
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok i know im going to be p****d off when i get to the bottom of this one, I have a KM5050 that i went to today that has on the display "ERROR IN TRAY 1 PLEASE REMOVE CASSETTE AND REMOVE PAPER". Ok i thougt i'll just remove the tray & feed station and give it all a clean.... :( 3 hours latter its 6pm and still havn't fixed it. I have swoped the feed assy,cassette,all conectors to do with tray 1, the lift motor all with tray 2 and still no joy, I have vac'd the machine so there is not a spec of paper dust anywhere!! Im assuming its a faulty jam sensor but the machine will not let me do a sensor check in sims 31.
Im going back tomorrow, but can some one give me the heads up on this one please.

Thanks.:confused:

blackcat4866
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Is it booting up properly? If no, I'd start with re-loading/upgrading the firmware. the current level is 2.44

=^..^=

JSC
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes its boots up ok, but when you select tray 1 it then shows the error and yes its on the latest firmware............And i've just notice i have posted this in the fax / printer section man im having a bad day.

blackcat4866
06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Have you tried a U906 partial reset? =^..^=

JSC
06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep!

blackcat4866
06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
You say you've swapped out connectors... Does that include the modular connector through the rear frame? I've seen paper pressed into the connectors, that is nearly invisible, until the connector is completely out of the machine, and in good light.

Sorry about the fairly elementary suggestions. I subscribe to the KISS principle, and did not see either of those two in your initial post. =^..^=

JSC
06-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry about the fairly elementary suggestions. I subscribe to the KISS principle, and did not see either of those two in your initial post. =^..^=

Yes i have swapped the modular connector with the one for tray 2 ( I had to remove the power supply to do this) also swapped the conector and wire for the feed section with tray 2 . You can be a elementary as you like, I have a feeling i have missed somthing obvious.

aodtech
07-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Are you getting a C1010 code? Is the lift motor working? Try swapping them out, see if the problem follows. Also, remove the cassette and see if the lift motor is moving without the interlock switch on the right side with the white button sticking out activated. I had a similar problem on a 4050. The engine board shorted out and caused the upper lift motor to burn out. Replacing both of these fixed my problem.

JSC
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok first of all I apologise for not closing down this post, it really annoys me when people do not finish off posts that they have started and then I go and do it myself :( .
The fault was due to an engine board failure, I have now had two machines with this fault (which is what reminded me I had not closed this post)both were down to the Engine board although neither machine had registered a C1010 code, and on the second machine the 1st paper lift motor was blown but not on the first machine that displayed this fault.

Thanks to blackcat4866 & aodtech for their replies.

blackcat4866
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
A similar situation comes up on the Voyager series. The waste toner motor can start drawing too much current, and blow the motor driver circuit on the engine PWB. In this circumstance you get a C2800, won't clear.

I started out by swapping the waste toner motor with a 24v cooling fan. The toner motor ran (surprisingly) from the fan's connector, but the fan would not run on the waste toner motor's connector, so I figured (correctly) that the problem was with the driver circuitry on the engine board. When I replaced the engine board, it immediately blew the same driver circuit immediately.

Only when I replace the waste toner motor and the engine board as a set, did the problem get resolved. =^..^=

Custom Search