PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tooth

Custom Search

pepper38_cnd
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
My boss has it in his head that we are loosing sales because some competitors brochures say they are Blue Tooth compatible. He thinks that this means a person can walk up to a copier with there Blackberry in hand and print something from the Blackberry to the copier using the Blackberries Blue Tooth abilities, and with no other wireless capabilities. Can anyone confirm that this can actually be done and on what brand and models? Thanks for your help.

Tonerbomb
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes you can print this way provided the blackberry or a pc and the printer are configured properly. Ricoh has this as an option for several models. Umm.. it's so popular we've never sold any.

05-24-2007, 03:04 PM
you can do it with a little blue tooth printer adapter (kinda like a jet direct card for an hp) but as tonerbomb stated you still need to have a PDA and a PC configured with the correct drivers and software. this type of setup works with any printer.

Your not loosing sales because of lack of bluetooth, you loosing sales because your sales reps do not understand the technology (and never will).

PS. I too have never seen this option used except buy some guy at a trade show trying to get people to buy the bluetooth adapters from him. it is a borderline useless option and your reps should easily be able to sell around it.

Cipher
05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Bluetooth is not a very popolar method of connectivity, at least not for MFPs and printers.
It's pretty slow (normally around 50kb/sec) and has a limited operating range.

But I don't actually have a problem with bluetooth it's always worked reliably when I've used it between my mobile and laptop to transfer files around.

TonerMonkey
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Your not loosing sales because of lack of bluetooth, you loosing sales because your sales reps do not understand the technology (and never will).

Maybe this should be in 'Rants and Raves' but sales reps are souch a$$holes they can't get themselves dressed in the morning - how the fcuk (http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profan_index.php) are they ever going to understand the gear they're trying to sell.

They are such dorks ........ in my experience......... y tu ???

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tonerbomb
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe this should be in 'Rants and Raves' but sales reps are souch a$$holes they can't get themselves dressed in the morning - how the fcuk (http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profan_index.php) are they ever going to understand the gear they're trying to sell.

They are such dorks ........ in my experience......... y tu ???

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Right on!!! and the worst ones are the sales rep that thinks they are an IT person!!!!!!!!

Custom Search