PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7150 skewed image

Custom Search

JimBeam
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
The copied image is skewed about 30 degrees. This copier has 391K copies on it. Six months ago at 368K copies, it had the SAME issue. At that time, I replaced the A/D converter board to no avail, then I replaced the Write unit and the problem appeared to be solved. The image was perfect. Yesterday, the copier had a J-32 error code. After I corrected a sticking flag at PS25, upon power up, it had an F28-1 error code!!! Today, I replaced HV1 and that didn't change the F28-1 code. I cleaned the corona assembly and the machine came up and functions, but now this skewing problem is back again, LIKE HERPES!! Any advice will be cherished. Thanks in advance.:confused::confused::confused:

nightshade
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Don't know if this will help, but when I have strange ass issues like this on the newer Konicas it is usually a faulty NVRAM. Real PITA to get replaced too.

ebm
05-25-2007, 12:18 AM
There are a number of things I check when 7150 skews. The conveyance clutches on the upper paper feed assembly, the 2nd paper feed mylars & rollers, ADF rollers, anti-static the platen glass w/ brillianize are the usual suspects. Hope this helps.:D

CMB
05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
sounds to me like the paper is banging on something knocking it off center. look at the paper path again closely and make sure nothing is out of wack like a bent mylar or something. i use a thick piece of paper(or test pattern) and push it thru the paths by hand and look and feel for anything blocking the paper.

you mentioned you cleaned the t/s coronas? could the paper be banging into that as it is passing thru??

On The Double Printing
05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi - just joined the forum and your name appears a few times, so betting that you might be able to help. I have a HP9065 (rebranded Konica 7165) - about 6 months old (bought one of 3 unsold stock items for a good price!) - it has only printed 65k pages and is onto the 2nd toner bottle. When printing duplex, the reverse side is typically 'grey', and quite often I get toner 'dumped' in the top left corner edges. The main page is good. The technician has not been able to help thus far and I don't have much confidence in him anyway - sorry to say ! Any suggestions? Toner mismatch? Developer ? regards - Mark

JimBeam
05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Thank you ever so much nightshade, ebm, and CBM. You all have been very helpful. Thank you all for your prompt response.:)

JimBeam
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry ON THE DOUBLE PRINTING. I'm not familiar with that issue.:(

CMB
05-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi - just joined the forum and your name appears a few times, so betting that you might be able to help. I have a HP9065 (rebranded Konica 7165) - about 6 months old (bought one of 3 unsold stock items for a good price!) - it has only printed 65k pages and is onto the 2nd toner bottle. When printing duplex, the reverse side is typically 'grey', and quite often I get toner 'dumped' in the top left corner edges. The main page is good. The technician has not been able to help thus far and I don't have much confidence in him anyway - sorry to say ! Any suggestions? Toner mismatch? Developer ? regards - Mark

all these model copiers do that, and there is no fix for it that i know of. all i do is keep changing the drum and developer-run the drum preculiarity adjs and keep on keeping on. also try changing th t/s and charge corona units, LD 1 and LD2 offset adjustments. we have even changed out the whole developer unit on some machines to ease it up a little. note. not all do this. some are worst than others. good luck

On The Double Printing
05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Many thanks for this advice. As I am not that clued up on the machine yet I will 'suggest' that the Konica guy takes a look at these suggestions at his next visit. I have noticed that during an extended print run - if I start off with a few 'skyshots' that the greying improves and typically lasts for that run. Much appreciated.

Custom Search