X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimBeam
    Technician
    • Jun 2006

Konica 7150 skewed image

The copied image is skewed about 30 degrees. This copier has 391K copies on it. Six months ago at 368K copies, it had the SAME issue. At that time, I replaced the A/D converter board to no avail, then I replaced the Write unit and the problem appeared to be solved. The image was perfect. Yesterday, the copier had a J-32 error code. After I corrected a sticking flag at PS25, upon power up, it had an F28-1 error code!!! Today, I replaced HV1 and that didn't change the F28-1 code. I cleaned the corona assembly and the machine came up and functions, but now this skewing problem is back again, LIKE HERPES!! Any advice will be cherished. Thanks in advance.
    Where there is no prophetic vision, the people perish.
  • nightshade
    Chromographic Supremesist
    100+ Posts
    • May 2007

Don't know if this will help, but when I have strange ass issues like this on the newer Konicas it is usually a faulty NVRAM. Real PITA to get replaced too.

Comment

• ebm
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • Apr 2007

There are a number of things I check when 7150 skews. The conveyance clutches on the upper paper feed assembly, the 2nd paper feed mylars & rollers, ADF rollers, anti-static the platen glass w/ brillianize are the usual suspects. Hope this helps.

Comment

• CMB
        KonicaMinolta Tech.
        250+ Posts
        • Mar 2005

sounds to me like the paper is banging on something knocking it off center. look at the paper path again closely and make sure nothing is out of wack like a bent mylar or something. i use a thick piece of paper(or test pattern) and push it thru the paths by hand and look and feel for anything blocking the paper.

you mentioned you cleaned the t/s coronas? could the paper be banging into that as it is passing thru??
        http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
        www.lewisdigital.net
        Lewis Digital
        630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
        Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Comment

• On The Double Printing

Hi - just joined the forum and your name appears a few times, so betting that you might be able to help. I have a HP9065 (rebranded Konica 7165) - about 6 months old (bought one of 3 unsold stock items for a good price!) - it has only printed 65k pages and is onto the 2nd toner bottle. When printing duplex, the reverse side is typically 'grey', and quite often I get toner 'dumped' in the top left corner edges. The main page is good. The technician has not been able to help thus far and I don't have much confidence in him anyway - sorry to say ! Any suggestions? Toner mismatch? Developer ? regards - Mark

Comment

• JimBeam
            Technician
            • Jun 2006

Thank you ever so much nightshade, ebm, and CBM. You all have been very helpful. Thank you all for your prompt response.

Comment

• JimBeam
              Technician
              • Jun 2006

I'm sorry ON THE DOUBLE PRINTING. I'm not familiar with that issue.

Comment

• CMB
                KonicaMinolta Tech.
                250+ Posts
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by On The Double Printing
                Hi - just joined the forum and your name appears a few times, so betting that you might be able to help. I have a HP9065 (rebranded Konica 7165) - about 6 months old (bought one of 3 unsold stock items for a good price!) - it has only printed 65k pages and is onto the 2nd toner bottle. When printing duplex, the reverse side is typically 'grey', and quite often I get toner 'dumped' in the top left corner edges. The main page is good. The technician has not been able to help thus far and I don't have much confidence in him anyway - sorry to say ! Any suggestions? Toner mismatch? Developer ? regards - Mark
                all these model copiers do that, and there is no fix for it that i know of. all i do is keep changing the drum and developer-run the drum preculiarity adjs and keep on keeping on. also try changing th t/s and charge corona units, LD 1 and LD2 offset adjustments. we have even changed out the whole developer unit on some machines to ease it up a little. note. not all do this. some are worst than others. good luck
                http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
                www.lewisdigital.net
                Lewis Digital
                630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
                Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Comment

• On The Double Printing

Many thanks for this advice. As I am not that clued up on the machine yet I will 'suggest' that the Konica guy takes a look at these suggestions at his next visit. I have noticed that during an extended print run - if I start off with a few 'skyshots' that the greying improves and typically lasts for that run. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...