PDA

View Full Version : The story of Nate Applebee

Custom Search

fixthecopier
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
A few years ago, my boss sent me on a call to Pinehurst and while I was there he wanted me to pick up some PGA golf swag from a guy who lived there. The man used to run a copier business in California back in the 70's and told me tj\his story. He said he was the copy king of California.
He had copiers on every military base in the state, and every quarter he had to send a tech around to visit all the machines and talk to the p.o.c. and check the machines. He got a big truckload of money to do this with. Well if the p.o.c. was not there, and most of the time he was not, he would write"not available" on the paper and turn it in. The way he wrote, it looked like he had signed "Nate Applebe". He told me for 10 to 20 years after, he would get calls from government auditors looking for Nate, because his name was all over the paperwork.
So, if you do not want to sign and take credit for something, just sign Nates name to it. He will take the credit.

KenB
06-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I just may do that!

Reminds me of something kinda related that happened about 10 years ago here in Ohio...

Some genius thought it would be cute to get a personalized license plate of "NONE" on his car, which he did.

Unfortunately for him, he never thought of all the abandoned cars on the side of the road, in fields, and wherever else they may have been left. When the police filed their reports and there were no plates, they would write "NONE" in the space on their forms.

Guess who got a deluge of tickets in the mail, along with a few summons and warrants for his arrest?

Talk about not thinking things through!

Custom Search