PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email with exchange server

Custom Search

Zioncsc
07-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi all, i need help scan with email, normally my workstations were scan to folder, currently my head want me to figure out how to scan to email, this function is new for me, and i'm using exchange server, hope some one can answer my question and teach me how to do it, urgently

aleksander
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
you need to input smtp server address.

Zioncsc
07-01-2010, 07:40 AM
hi aleksander, i totally new on this matter, can u guide me how to do it? preferable if u can guide me step by step, many thanks

aleksander
07-01-2010, 08:16 AM
depending on what type of MFP that you use. Could you tell me information about your MFP?

Zioncsc
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
bizhub C652
bizhub C451
bizhub 751

Mr Spock
07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
If these are new machines then there is a "user guide" cd that has the network admin guide on it and it will step you through this with screen shots. Also the exchange server needs to be set up to allow the machine to relay through the server.
If you go to the web page of the machine under the network settings then email then smtp you will see what information that is needed. Fill it out (need help from the person who maintains the exchange server) and it should work.

TheOwl
07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Definately read the Network Administrator Guide for your machines as MrSpock as said. If you don't have the CD, then you can download the documentation from the Konica Minolta website.

Otherwise, then these are the basic settings that you will need to enter (without knowing the setup of your exchange server):

1. Administrator email address
2. Machine email address
3. SMTP TX (SMTP) server address

These are only the basic settings that you will need for a typical exchange server setup. If the server is highly secure, then you will need to have a mailbox created on the exchange server with the same email address that the copier is to use and possibly, network username and password for the copiers to authenticate across the network with. This is the same for all the machines that you have mentioned.

aleksander
07-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Mr. Spock and TheOwl right.

Stirton.M
07-02-2010, 10:19 PM
did someone say manuals????

You can download most KM user and configuration manuals via this link.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3768&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

All free, no hassles.

And of course, if you are left confused in spite of that, we are all here to help out.

Cheers.

Zioncsc
07-06-2010, 09:59 AM

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3768&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

All free, no hassles.

And of course, if you are left confused in spite of that, we are all here to help out.

Cheers.

Stirton.M thanks
problem have been resolved
=D

Zioncsc
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM

All free, no hassles.

Cheers.

Stirton.M, if i dont want user scan and email to their others email account, is that any idea on this

example:
user@mailbox.com

i just want user scan to specified email account only related with mailbox.com, no others email server so is that possible to do it?

aesthetics1
07-12-2010, 05:16 PM
This is possible... Who is managing the exchange server? All they have to do is disable relaying messages out. Once that is done, it will just fail to send out of the network.

Zioncsc
07-13-2010, 07:54 AM
This is possible... Who is managing the exchange server? All they have to do is disable relaying messages out. Once that is done, it will just fail to send out of the network.

aesthetics1, since i dont have admin right for this, so i have make it difference way already, i just configure LDAP/disable direct input and retrict user register address, then it should not be a problem any more, thanks guys

Custom Search