PDA

View Full Version : I hate spammers

Custom Search

Stirton.M
07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
But I also hate spammers who infringe on copyrights of the company I work for.

And I really hate spammers who are assholes and push their SPAM in forum threads where they are not wanted. The following is a good example. The OP did not ask for a manual, he asked for help.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/36897-c-252-how-check-mfp.html#post150414

And considering there is a forum for manual requests, not to mention a banner ad.

JustManuals
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
My $$$ supports this site and like I said before I have every right to post the link to my site! You don't like it, too damn bad!

Gibraltar's Ghost
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Selling copyright material for your own profit is wrong.

You put this site at risk just for that breach of law alone, it is a wonder this place hasn't received legal threats like some bittorrent sites out there have.

If we want your product, there is a banner ad. If we want your manuals, there is a forum for us to go to and ask. If I do not want your manuals and want help, I go to the appropriate place here and ask, and I expect a response from a real technician, not a wannabe who does nothing to help.

You are no help to this place, as much as you think you are. I view your posts as nothing more than wasted bandwidth of unsolicited garbage.

JustManuals
07-07-2010, 12:27 AM
My 'wasted' bandwidth supports this site.

Gibraltar's Ghost
07-07-2010, 01:18 AM
So you are saying is that indirectly this site is guilty of breaking copyright because the site ops know you are selling copyrighted manuals here and they could be subject to heavy fines because of your selfish behavior.

I see the hypocrisy here.

Someone cannot post a link to a repair manual here unless management gets a cut of the action.

I think this site deserves to be shut down. You along with it.

blackcat4866
07-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Stirton, Gibralter,
What do hope to achieve by this dicussion? Regardless of what you were hoping, it comes across to me as aimless whining. You must know that you are not going to convince Paul to throw in the towel: "You're right. I'll just abandon the business because Stirton doesn't like me." You're being ridiculous.

This whole discussion is idiotic. I'm sure some other forum has a "Whining" forum, but not here. Can we try to focus on topics that we know something about, like office machines?

JustManuals
07-07-2010, 03:47 AM
So you are saying is that indirectly this site is guilty of breaking copyright because the site ops know you are selling copyrighted manuals here and they could be subject to heavy fines because of your selfish behavior.

I see the hypocrisy here.

Someone cannot post a link to a repair manual here unless management gets a cut of the action.

I think this site deserves to be shut down. You along with it.

Pretty strong words for somebody who is a junior member.

That's what's great about this country, everybody can think what they want.

RRodgers
07-07-2010, 06:25 AM
The thing is, I've seen ya post your links when it's really not required or asked for. You are SPAMMING. Maybe someone will follow up all your posts with **ignore him** that would be OK right?

Stirton.M
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Stirton, Gibralter,
What do hope to achieve by this dicussion? Regardless of what you were hoping, it comes across to me as aimless whining. You must know that you are not going to convince Paul to throw in the towel: "You're right. I'll just abandon the business because Stirton doesn't like me." You're being ridiculous.

This whole discussion is idiotic. I'm sure some other forum has a "Whining" forum, but not here. Can we try to focus on topics that we know something about, like office machines?

You are right about that.

I'll ignore his bitching when I diss his spam in the KM forum.

Stirton.M
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM
The thing is, I've seen ya post your links when it's really not required or asked for. You are SPAMMING. Maybe someone will follow up all your posts with **ignore him** that would be OK right?

Exactly. That was my contention. He gets all self righteous about what I said to another visitor about his spam. Considering I view him as nothing more than a leach regarding the theft and sale of copyright material from Konica, I will continue to diss his spam whenever I see it in that forum.

Gibraltar's Ghost
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Blackcat

It may be whining, but for me I use this place as a reference source for problems I have with my machines. I view many of you guys here with respect and admiration for what you provide to people like me. I come here not as a technician but a press man who has to from time to time deal with a copier that I have neither the time nor inclination to pick up a service manual. I can usually find quick answers to most problems here by searching. I've never had the need to ask yet because all of my answers have been answered. In short, this place is a great resource for information. Not only for me. Many people come here for help.

I would be put out only a little bit if this place dissapeared. But what about all those other people who have little or no help in their countries, like southeast asia and the middle east, which seem to be the majority of help requests? This place goes, they have few other resources to help them out.

I know that some of these guys, asking them to spend $12 american on a single manual is like asking them to buy a ferarri. That is a lot of money in many parts of the world. It's insulting to them.

But what upset me is that this guy Paul is putting this site at risk of being closed down because of copyright violation. This site is at risk because it is complicit in breaking laws that are getting tougher every day in the US. It may not be a movie or music, but it is still subject to the same protections. I cannot reprint documents without permission from the copyright holders or I risk heavy fines for each violation.

This website can be held responsible for each and every act of copyright violation. There are many bittorrent sites that are under fire from the lawmakers, and the courts are siding with prosecutors. Providing a vehicle to allow someone to illegally share games and music and movies is no longer acceptable in the US courts. Just because the file is not hosted on the torrent site, just the share file and tracker, is no longer a defence.

That is not the case here. Paul is paying this site through proceeds to illegal activity that is linked through this site to his. The courts will not look kindly at this. They will view this as a vehicle to illegal activity. All it will take is for someone in some legal department in some company to start the ball rolling and this site be unable to pay the legal bills that follow and it will fail long before any court rules, but the people involved will still be in legal hot water.

Far be it from me to say how this place should be ran.

But don't come crying to me when the legal begals come knocking on the door.

Custom Search