PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email issue

Custom Search

Zioncsc
07-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi All,

i have configure LDAP server to copier, due to privacy and confidential,
so i wonder how to configure scan to email to specified mail server address,
means that only scan to company email, but not others like yahoo.com/hotmail.com or others
or in the other way, is that possible disable direct input on copier?:confused:
some one can point me the right direction?:confused:

Model as per below,
Konica Minolta bizhub C652
Konica Minolta bizhub C451
Konica Minolta bizhub 751
Konica Minolta bizhub 750

Stirton.M
07-07-2010, 08:07 AM
restrictions to email addresses is controlled via the domain controller and/or exchange server, (ie) their network.

When the email settings in Admin mode are set, you set the SMTP information regarding the outgoing server address. In most cases that I have set up email, exchange servers are the only direct way to prevent email to outside sources by restricting the user (the copier is set as a user) to domain level only. If you are using an outside internet provider's email, such as telus or shaw (Canadian providers for dsl and cable respectively), there are no restrictions for the most part. To my knowledge, I am unaware of any domain restrictions beyond what the IT guys set at any given office, and this is typically beyond the scope of our responsibility.

Authentication settings can also custom set the users and restrict them from using scan to email, amongst other restrictions like black and white copying only for example.

However, if scanning to email is an issue for some company, you can configure the scans to only use SMB or FTP and select a single scan folder. After this, it is up to the network guys themselves to control what the end users do with the files there.

Zioncsc
07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
restrictions to email addresses is controlled via the domain controller and/or exchange server, (ie) their network.

When the email settings in Admin mode are set, you set the SMTP information regarding the outgoing server address. In most cases that I have set up email, exchange servers are the only direct way to prevent email to outside sources by restricting the user (the copier is set as a user) to domain level only. If you are using an outside internet provider's email, such as telus or shaw (Canadian providers for dsl and cable respectively), there are no restrictions for the most part. To my knowledge, I am unaware of any domain restrictions beyond what the IT guys set at any given office, and this is typically beyond the scope of our responsibility.

Authentication settings can also custom set the users and restrict them from using scan to email, amongst other restrictions like black and white copying only for example.

However, if scanning to email is an issue for some company, you can configure the scans to only use SMB or FTP and select a single scan folder. After this, it is up to the network guys themselves to control what the end users do with the files there.

understood, 1 more question, is that possible disable direct input at Konica's control panel?

Stirton.M
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, yes.

Each machine you noted above will be slightly different... you can get the manuals from here for each... Service & Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/content/support/supportmanuals.html)

In each case, user authentication is required to set those restrictions. If you have several machines to configure, I recommend you use the Pagescope Authentication Manager program (available on the pagescope programs disk or you can download it from KM) to allow you to export custom user configuration to each machine from any computer with this program installed. Otherwise, you can use the web interface, or directly from the control panel of the copier. In all cases, you can set user restrictions. See Users Guide for Authentication Manager for greater detail on configurations available. Again, because of some differences between the models and pending the options those models may have, not all functions are available in every situation.

Also, further restrict the users from configuring, you can change the default admin password to something customized outside of 12345678, the ultra secret default. Just be sure that when you have your KM tech servicing the machine knows what that code is so they can access for technical issues.

B0265
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
understood, 1 more question, is that possible disable direct input at Konica's control panel?

I don't know about the others but on the C451 & C652 you can set Admin Settings > Security Settings > Security Details > Manual Destination Input to "restrict".
The problem is that if you do that I don't think the LDAP search is allowed.

Zioncsc
07-08-2010, 04:00 AM
I don't know about the others but on the C451 & C652 you can set Admin Settings > Security Settings > Security Details > Manual Destination Input to "restrict".
The problem is that if you do that I don't think the LDAP search is allowed.

I didnt find any Manual Destination Input on pagescope web connection, are u mean on pagescope authentication manager?

Zioncsc
07-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Well, yes.

Each machine you noted above will be slightly different... you can get the manuals from here for each... Service & Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/content/support/supportmanuals.html)

In each case, user authentication is required to set those restrictions. If you have several machines to configure, I recommend you use the Pagescope Authentication Manager program (available on the pagescope programs disk or you can download it from KM) to allow you to export custom user configuration to each machine from any computer with this program installed. Otherwise, you can use the web interface, or directly from the control panel of the copier. In all cases, you can set user restrictions. See Users Guide for Authentication Manager for greater detail on configurations available. Again, because of some differences between the models and pending the options those models may have, not all functions are available in every situation.

Also, further restrict the users from configuring, you can change the default admin password to something customized outside of 12345678, the ultra secret default. Just be sure that when you have your KM tech servicing the machine knows what that code is so they can access for technical issues.

Stirton.M, i yesterday whole day search on the page u given to me, but that site have alot of manual, which one should i read on the problem i mention?
and for the Authentication Manager program which version is support by the copier i mention? i totally lose idea on it, because i rush for this project, kindly guide me

B0265
07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I didnt find any Manual Destination Input on pagescope web connection, are u mean on pagescope authentication manager?

You make this setting from the copiers opertion panel.

Zioncsc
07-08-2010, 08:01 AM
You make this setting from the copiers opertion panel.

it can send trough email without any issue if i disable direct input,
thanks dude

Custom Search