PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c451 fs519 noise on stapler unit drive

Custom Search

Karelkat
07-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Can some one maybe help with a noise on the staple unit.
Everytime you make a copy with or without selecting staple mode the machine makes a noise.
You can see that when the staple unit moves to staple position you get a noise like the drive belts jump a few teeth.
We have tensioned the drive belts(both of them) but to no avail.
In service mode you dont get the noise when testing the staple unit drive.
The noise does not appear everytime.

tks Karelkat

Stirton.M
07-07-2010, 08:22 AM
check the gears for the staple unit drive itself. One of them might have a couple teeth missing.

Also, ensure that the staple unit is not being impeded by the registration guide fingers by rolling the staple unit to the front and observe for clearance as the staple unit moves.

Other issues might be that the staple unit has popped out of its track. Underneath, make sure both brass bushings are inside the guide. Also make sure that the two ball bearings that sit underneath, each held in place by 3 plastic fingers, are there.

In extreme situations, the guide track itself may have burred edges, they will feel obvious to the touch if you run your finger along the edge (be careful, these sometimes can be sharp). File those down as needed. Also related to this are the brash bushings themselves, can get greatly worn. Replace them with a new set. The bushings along with the metal bracket they sit on come as a single part.

Karelkat
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Thank the brass bushing seems to have done the trik.

Stirton.M
07-10-2010, 04:31 AM
yer welcome....

Karelkat
07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
HI Stirton.M
I have noted that the staple unit moves on every copy, from the corner staple position to the two point staple position when staple mode is not selected.
Do you know of FW or a Soft Switch that can keep the staple unit in home position or a still standing position during non-staple copy or print? This will reduce wear on the brass bushings.

Thanks

Stirton.M
07-14-2010, 06:44 AM
To my knowledge, there is nothing you can do about this.

Most of the repairs I have ever had on this style of finisher, the 514 and 517 as well as the 519/523, had more to do with operator error, removing the jam and breaking something than wear and tear.

Custom Search