PDA

View Full Version : please help me- Konica Minolta fiery ic305 dvd's

Custom Search

krishnaprasad9
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Dear all,
i am prasad from india, recently we received konica minolta c6500 with ic-305 fiery. when we switch on the fairy windows xp is starting booting after 1 windows screen monitor is going blank but fiery is booting. what could be the problem? i am suspecting windows got corrupted.to load windows i don't have fiery dvd's i tried to download from konica websit site but it is not showing any software. please help me how can download fiery software? if any body has this plese upload.

Thank you

Cheers
Prasad:confused:

Stirton.M
07-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Likely there is nothing wrong with the fiery.

Connect the fiery to the copier, I assume it is a C6500 or variant to that model. Let it boot. It can take as long as 5 minutes to become ready. If it is ok, you will get a "Controller" button on the printer screen of the copier, which you can access the fiery to print out config page, reprint documents from the print queue, configure basic network settings.

Most fiery devices, you cannot add a monitor or keyboard unless you have a hardware dongle to allow that. Most fiery controllers do not come with a monitor or keyboard, the dongle is an option, an expensive option.

To access the fiery, you will need to use "Remote Desktop" to access the fiery through the network, using a separate PC or Mac. Remote desktop, if enabled in the fiery configuration, will allow you to see the fiery desktop there, which is a windows environment.

You can, from the copier interface, do a basic network configuration to configure the IP address to match your network. After this, using internet explorer, you can web into the copier control interface to allow you to download drivers and fiery tools like Command Workstation from the fiery itself. After installing command workstation, it will look for the Fiery on your network and allow you to connect if it sees the device. From there, you can configure more advanced settings like scan to email or the print queue size and so on, so forth.

As for the install DVDs, (I doubt you need them right now), you will have to contact Konica Minolta for a copy of those. You should have a local office in India that can help you with obtaining a copy. They may charge you for the cost of the burning you two disks, one the system, the other the user.

KenB
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't remember exactly where it's at, but if Remote Desktop doesn't connect you'll need to turn that on at the control panel.

I'm not sure if it's on by default.

Stirton.M
07-09-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't remember exactly where it's at, but if Remote Desktop doesn't connect you'll need to turn that on at the control panel.

I'm not sure if it's on by default.

You are right. It is not on by default, though it may be. I suspect the OP may have a second hand machine which may have already been configured.

If not, the setting can be set either through the fiery web tool or through Command Workstation.

HORSE
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Can be done easy enough thru the Control Panel

CONTROLLER>SETUP> enter the password>SERVER SETUP>REMOTE DESKTOP Enabled

Stirton.M
07-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Last time I looked, I could not do much setting up through the control panel, I only had access to the network settings. The rest was through CWS or the web interface.

HORSE
07-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Enable Desktop is under the Server settings (same screen as you type in the server name), by default it is disabled.

rangertech
05-28-2012, 05:43 AM
i'm with horse,
u mast setting enable on Enable Desktop in controller setting

Custom Search