PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Stupidly strange BH C350 is it Deranged ? Never, ever,seen this before on ANY Bizhub?

Custom Search

wolfster
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM
OK - Never, ever, ever seen this before on ANY machine:

Bizhub C350 + FS601 Finisher - NOT FIERY - just internal PCL.

User prints 16 page A4 pdf to HDD as booklet - So A3 8 pages folded - All good. Staples and folds great.
No problem to print hundreds of sets of booklets.

I am NOT repeating the above in the next lines- (it does look the same tho)

User prints 16 page A4 PDF to HDD as booklet but to print as A4 folded in half and stapled. So A5 booklet.
Prints one set from HDD as requested. Staples and folds just great. No problems.

Now user selects to print 10 copies - nothing has changed - in output settings still shows fold+staple setting. It prints the booklet fine - then just ejects it without folding and staple.

Prints the other booklet in A3 just fine with fold and staple -

Remember - this is not a driver issue - its printed to internal HDD - One set is fine - 10 sets no staple and fold ?!?! - It is being printed from a stored file on the machine. Staples and folds fine A4 in copy mode etc....

What could it be? - tried deleting and printing from several computers - same problem from 7 PCs. Any ideas ?

Help!!!!!

RRodgers
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Are you sure the paper is loaded in the proper direction? It won't fold paper that runs portrait.

mrwho
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
When I get odd numbers like those, I start by reflashing the machine. It probably won't solve anything, but it doesn't hurt either.

wolfster
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
yep, paper is in correctly - like i said - it will fold and staple one set - but wont repeat it for multiple sets. Will do it for a3 folded in multiple sets however.

Stirton.M
07-10-2010, 04:16 AM
It could be something as stupid simple as limited memory related, which could be the issue. Like mrwho mentioned, reflashing may correct this. Generally the machine should produce multiple sets. If you try to reproduce, but just use a few lines of text on each page and see if it will do multiple sets. If it does, memory is the issue.

AyJayAreDii
07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Have you tried to do 10 sets but print via the Proof Copy. Then continue the job.

jackson
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
was the "collate"button unchecked from the print driver when job was first created?

BIG PAPA
07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Agree with above posts, check for the memory issuses, but also check the collate function. What application are they using? Have seen many issues with MS products. Excel for instance, wanting to print all the "sets" as one job. That could explain why it is not finishing, too many pages. Usually it is a issue with the collate function being checked.

albasoul06
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Number of copies .........10 (6 to 10 bound pages)
20 (2 to 5 bound pages)
Number of bound pages 2 to 10 (Maximum 40 pages)
Paper sizes Letter L, 11 × 17L

Conditions for Making Booklets...... USERS MANUAL Page 3-37

Custom Search