PDA

View Full Version : Jamming KM-6030 J13

Custom Search

yakyitz
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Unit has only about 330k. Checked the rollers, replaced sep roller installed red spring with no difference. I can hear the motor attempting to feed with no result. Now here's the kicker I swapped feed unit tray 3 & 4. After the swap the problem did not follow the feed unit but remained in tray 4. I check paper lift in tray 4 with & without paper and it works fine with nothing bent in tray. HELP!!

blackcat4866
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
How about the vertical paper feed sensors FSW4, FSW5? The sensor can come unclipped from the white holder. The wire harness will hold the sensor approximately in the right place when you observe it through the open right door, but when the paper hits the flag the whole sensor moves, not just the flag.

What causes this is when your customer always pulls out the tray first to look for jams. If the paper is halfway through the pickup assy, the user may try to pull the paper back through the tray opening, popping the sensor out of it's holder. It doesn't always help, but I advise these customers to always check the lower right door first, regardless what jam code or screen prompt they get. That usually solves that problem. =^..^=

Custom Search