PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub pro c500

Custom Search

tmanamore
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
My Bizhub Pro c500 reads "No Toner". I shake the bottle and it goes away for about 23 or 4 copies. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

HORSE
07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
My Bizhub Pro c500 reads "No Toner". I shake the bottle and it goes away for about 23 or 4 copies. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

I would just put a new bottle of toner rather than just shake the empty one.

Stirton.M
07-11-2010, 02:22 AM
I would just put a new bottle of toner rather than just shake the empty one.

Man, your sense of humour is astonishing.... :P

HORSE
07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
What makes you think I was joking?

Stirton.M
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
stating the obvious is what I mean.....I was thinking along the same lines but you beat me to it....heh

HORSE
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah I know what you mean about stating the obvious..... some of the dribble people post on these threads is nothing short of scandalous.

This has to be my favourite thread/post by a member called 21043 http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/19504-c6500-red-color-problume.html#post69708 what a clown.

Imagine me suggesting to Japan that they need to supply an electric tea pot with every machine.

tmanamore
07-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Guys, I ask for some help and I get jokes. Of course I did the obvious. Now can we PLEASE stop joking and if you can help, please do so.

tmanamore
07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Horse,
Of course i put a new bottle in. I am a technician needing assistance and not an end user. Now can you please help?

HORSE
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
It would have helped if you had mentioned that you replaced the bottle in your 1st post as it's a pretty important factor, ok what colour of toner is saying it's empty? Does it just say one colour is empty and if so is it the same one everytime?

Stirton.M
07-13-2010, 08:22 AM
I agree with Horse. It was an important thing to know. It helps if you tell us everything you did try so we know and can go on from there.... from a TSB

Solution ID TAUS0640745EN* Solution Usage 0
Description
PLEASE ADD TONER Y/M/C/K. message displayed while making copies.
Solution
CAUSE: Failed TSDB (toner supply driver board).
SOLUTION: Replace the TSDB (p/n 65AA-9060).

HORSE
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree with Horse. It was an important thing to know. It helps if you tell us everything you did try so we know and can go on from there.... from a TSB

Solution ID TAUS0640745EN* Solution Usage 0
Description
PLEASE ADD TONER Y/M/C/K. message displayed while making copies.
Solution
CAUSE: Failed TSDB (toner supply driver board).
SOLUTION: Replace the TSDB (p/n 65AA-9060).

Thanks Mike you just stirred something in my mind about a C500 calling Y/M/C/K.

Before I would jump in with TSDB I would be checking the action of the toner supply door, there are actually 2 switches for that little toner door TONER SUPPLY INTERLOCK (MS2) and TONER SUPPLY DOOR OPEN/CLOSE SENSOR (PS54). see Picture attached

The PS54 .... Photo Sensor switch is the logic switch (5V) tells the machine the toner door is closed, the MS2 switch is the mechanical interlock for the 24V to run the toner motors.

If that micro-switch MS2 is not making none of your toner motors will work and the machine will run dry and call toner. Check the toner door is hanging straight and that the interlock actuator is not bent or broken off (obvious when you now know what to look for) If not I would be checking the operation of MS2 in I/O mode and open and close the door normally and see if the input changes.

also try taking the front cover off and manually cheating the switches and running the machine... a badly fitted front cover could also prevent the door from actuating the interlock.

I have had this fault 1st hand a few years back.

costel fasola
07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
check in 47 mode 1-3, 1-6 , 1-9, 1-12 if toner botle is spining.

tmanamore
07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
OK. I've checked and found that the yellow toner bottle clutch is not engaging. I swapped the clutch with another color to see if it worked and it did. Seems like the clutch is not being told to turn on when I checked in the 47 mode. Where should I check now?

tmanamore
07-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Does the Toner Supply Driver Board as last posted feed the toner bottle clutches? If so, where could I start looking for one?

JustManuals
07-13-2013, 10:29 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

tmanamore
07-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the manual location but where can I get the Toner Supply Driver PCB? Is that what my next step?

Custom Search