PDA

View Full Version : C252 and How to scan to multiple .pfd files while using the ADF

Custom Search

Donald
07-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi All,

First time posting, but would like to thank the forum for invaluable info on setting up scan to email functionality.

Today I have a quick question regarding the scanning to .pdf functionality.

I need to scan circa 200 pages of drawings, but I require the output to be in the form of circa 200 individual .pdf files and not the single .pdf file I'm currently getting - I've tried, without success, to find the settings for doing this in the supplied manual and through the online/downloaded manual.

I don't particularly cherish the idea of standing at my C252 for a day and a half manually loading the drawings when there is a ADF there.

Can any one help or point my in the right direction??

Kindest Regards,

Donald

ineo+6501
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Load the adf, press the scan button, choose destination, press scan settings, press file type, press pdf then press single page from the right hand side of the screen, start button. Viola

Donald
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Load the adf, press the scan button, choose destination, press scan settings, press file type, press pdf then press single page from the right hand side of the screen, start button. Viola

Hi Viola,

Thanks for the response, this works, but I can't get this method to work when I want to send the individual .pdf files to the C252 box (HHD) for download or via ftp to a networked machine. I can confirm that I can get the C252 to email me a stream of .pdf documents.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your time.

Regards

Donald

ineo+6501
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
By far and away the best method of scanning using this model is via SMB. It is really easy to setup and drops the files straight into a folder on a workstation.

If you need help setting this up let me know.

aesthetics1
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Ensure that you have the machine's hard drive enabled. If this is disabled, you will sometimes lose this function.

I would imagine that if you are getting a stream of documents in your email that "Binary division" could be turned on. Can you confirm this? (Admin>Network>Email Settings)

Mark Hawes
07-19-2010, 12:15 PM
I have a C252 that when you scan more than 2 documents, being sent to e-mail as a compressed PDF.
It takes quite a while for the mail to do, but when it does it comes through as 10 e-mails or more, plus the attachment which is supposed to be PDF comes through as .dat file instead.

I'm guessing the above could resolve my issue.

Admin / Network / E-Mail Settings and check if I'm using a binary setting?

Thanks .... Mark

Stirton.M
07-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Yes, disable binary division.

Mark Hawes
07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Many thanks.
I tried this yesterday and now the PDF's send to E-Mail with no problems.

Thanks.... Mark

Custom Search