PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous CF cards for KM color MFPs

Custom Search

emujo
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
My team is faced with flashing close to 1000 KM 650/353/203s to modify the IU life spans. Most of us have 1 CF card for color and 1 for B&W but we need to get 8 cards working for each tech (8 X 15 ) to make the proces go faster. Here's the issue... the damm flash cards suck!!!. Out of 150 bought from E-Bay and a dozen or so from KM only 2 have been able to accept the firmware and flash the MFPs without an "invalid card error". None of the cards have been formatted (at least as far as Windows is concerned). I have a HEX editor and have tried to erase the cards per the procedure put out by KM but still no success. Does anyone have a relaible method to format the CF cards to vxworks, and although the firmware imaging toolkit has a "format as vxworks" icon, this is greyed out and I have no idea how to enable it. The specs on the cards is San Disk or Transcend 128 MB. Any thoughts? Thanks Emujo

Karelkat
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi I stand to be corrected but the models you mention need 256 MB CF Cards.

Karelkat
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
My team is faced with flashing close to 1000 KM 650/353/203s to modify the IU life spans. Most of us have 1 CF card for color and 1 for B&W but we need to get 8 cards working for each tech (8 X 15 ) to make the proces go faster. Here's the issue... the damm flash cards suck!!!. Out of 150 bought from E-Bay and a dozen or so from KM only 2 have been able to accept the firmware and flash the MFPs without an "invalid card error". None of the cards have been formatted (at least as far as Windows is concerned). I have a HEX editor and have tried to erase the cards per the procedure put out by KM but still no success. Does anyone have a relaible method to format the CF cards to vxworks, and although the firmware imaging toolkit has a "format as vxworks" icon, this is greyed out and I have no idea how to enable it. The specs on the cards is San Disk or Transcend 128 MB. Any thoughts? Thanks Emujo

Which firmware version are you refering to?

copytechman
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I've been using a 128mb verbatim card now for c203/650 series for a few years now.. there's firmware out to minimize the iu life message to nothing but an oil can indicator on the control panel... gonna try it maybe tomorrow.

Regards!
A.

emujo
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I am currently using a 128MB for the entire line of MFPs I mentioned above, and have had no issues. 256 may work, but I don't know. The firmware is to allow the MFP to operate past the IU life limit w/o displaying the replace IU message. Only released last month. Does not affect 652/C360 family as this ability is built into the software switches. If I put the firmware on my CF card (been using the same one for almost 2 years), no problems. So I know it is a CF card issue, not the f/w toolkit, or a firmware issue. Emujo

emujo
07-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Looks like I found a way to make this work...don't want to make it public until I verify with KM that the procedure dosen't wind up inducing some other wierd problem, but if you are at a stand still like I was, PM me and I'll explain the process. PS this also makes CF cards that originally were used for B&W usable. Emujo

fishleg
07-13-2010, 10:14 PM
What firmware version are you guys talking about ? first I've heard our company I work for goes through a sack full of chips be a nice a fix for us.

Found it listed under : DLBT1000576EN01
Firmware released : 09/04/10

Does anyone know of something similar or if this sw is already unlocked for current models c280 c451 etc ?

Stirton.M
07-14-2010, 06:51 AM
I've used crucial 256 without issue.

Just be sure to never format the cards if you get them new. Let the firmware imaging program do its own thing.

And this illustrates my point to another guy who suggested buying off of ebay. Not always the best approach.

francisco
05-18-2011, 05:09 PM

i donīt find this.
can you tell me the version?

EarthKmTech
05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
don't know what the big deal is, I've never had any issues with cf cards. I've formated them for temporary storage of mp3s off my computer in the past then reused them the next day without issues in firmware imaging tool kit and subsequent upgrade.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

boanda
05-19-2011, 01:00 PM

Why I cant find this?

francisco
05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
can you tel me the firmware version because i donīt find it in konica support

emujo
05-20-2011, 09:03 PM
You don't see it unless you have access to the UK KMBS suport site. As it is released to other regions it will be added as a download. Emujo

francisco
05-24-2011, 10:33 AM
can you tell me the version of the firmware w/o displaying the replace IU message?
i canīt find it.
i know a new version (G00-C2) for 652/280 family who fix the replace message.

DocuSystems
05-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I have had luck copying an existing working CF card to one which was purchased new. I can't recall the software, but it was something that did a sector by sector copy, not a file copy as in explorer. This would copy the vxworks format over to the new card, and then you can use the KM Firmware Imaging Toolkit to write updated firmware to the card.

jotunn
05-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Why not use Internet ISW for upgrading those machines - I guess that most of them are connected to local network with Internet access. That's safe and easy option if you don't have enough CF cards.

Custom Search