PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C203 2 Main Boards 2 days?

Custom Search

copiersfault
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Ok so on Tuesday I had a problem where outgoing faxes/scans were putting dashed lines on the document arriving at the pc/fax machine. After looking through Knowledge base I found a solution with an example that matched my problem. Replace the Main board. This made sense because copies were working fine so I knew the scanners operation was ok.

Today I arrive with the new main board. Install it, Flash the F/W yada yada. It fixed my problem I was happy. Right as I was ready to head out the door I was making sure my network stuff still worked and that's when i noticed the network connection light was not even lit up. I have tried multiple cables through multiple ports on their switch and multiple cables through my laptop hooked straight into the machine. By no network connection I mean my laptop shows cable unplugged and there is no lights lit up. Nothing at all.

I have checked the wall outlet, Marketing Area, Controller is set to 0, everything else is working fine on this machine.

I am 95% sure Konica just sent me a bad board, especially given there is a even more common solution regarding this particular problem pointing right to the board.

I have already ordered the new board for tomorrow but I am on here checking to see if anyone has any similar experiences or ideas if the problem becomes a nightmare tomorrow?

Stirton.M
07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
This can sometimes happen.

You may have to do an initialize on the machine, sometimes might correct strange behavior like this. Just be sure to backup user data before you do that.

Custom Search