PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7235 Scan to SMB problems on Windows 7

Custom Search

totoket99
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Has anybody been able to succesfully scan to smb on Windows 7 platform.

I have tried every which way and cannot get it to work.

Using Net Monitor 3.4 I keep seeing a "DOS OS Error, (5) ACCESS_DENIED".

I have been able to get the Konica C351 to succesfully scan to the shared folder via smb but am at a loss on the 7235.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

groovy
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Why don't you setup scan to ftp?
Xlight FTP server on stations, fixed IP address. configure destination and work

totoket99
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I have done that on a number of accounts - no problems there.

However I have a number of accounts that use only Laptops and remove them when they leave so I do not have a "stable" workstation to share the scans from.

aesthetics1
07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Access denied is a permission error, you aren't sharing the folders correctly at all levels. Have you worked with Vista before? You may need to go into network and sharing center and mess around with some of the settings (password protected sharing, file and printer sharing, etc.)

Is this Windows 7 Professional? You may need to add the user not only to the permissions tab, but the security tab as well (similar to Windows XP Pro [on the sharing tab, the "Permissions" button, as well as the "Security" tab] vs Windows XP Home if you catch my drift.)

If you have accounts that are using only laptops, there are a few options you can use.

-You can drop a 'server' down (we use very stripped down linux boxes on the cheap with simple windows file sharing set up, or old Windows boxes that the customer may have laying around) and send all files to that. Map out an S:\ drive to the user's personal folder on the server.
-Do any of your accounts have DNS services set up on a server? Instead of using fixed IP addresses, simply set up scanning via host name. Make sure you plug in the DNS information on the copier or this won't work. Sometimes in some environments the hostname will resolve more slowly than the IP address, but it will get there if set up properly.
-FTP is almost always a better option in my opinion. You don't have passwords and usernames changing around on you constantly. We personally bill for things like that however... Konica Minolta has their own very lightweight easy to use FTP server, look it up on the myKM site or PM me if you need a copy of it. Or alternatively you can use any FTP server software you prefer.
-Are you able to set up e-mail in this environment? Everyone is using that now-a-days.

Give us some more information, it's likely something simple. Keep in mind some air-tight firewalls and "Internet Security" software suites have been known to block SMB connections.

totoket99
07-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

I am using primarily 7 ultimate but also have the 7 professional. I have setup all the proper credentials, permissions and setup a specific user account for the smb scan. Like I mentioned, I am able to get a C351 (w/emperon controller) scan-to-smb to work.

I have attempted FTP which to prefer - however on this particular clients systems (7 professional) I could not get it to work on 2 of their systems (I disabled all known firewalls and temporarily stopped their anti-virus s/w to no avail). Unfortunately they do not have their own email server so I cannot use email (which I am not a big fan of anyway) because these units will not authenticate.

The Twain driver is also pretty much useless since all they have is Adobe reader and no other pdf converters.

I have mentioned a scaled down system like you mentioned but they no part of that (cheap if you get my drift).

The system I am trying to get smb to work on is my own laptop (7 ultimate) w/F-Secure running.

Do you think it could be NIC firmware related?

Thanks again,

Mike

groovy
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Just tried and it works via ftp.
1, make sure you have the right permission on the destination folder, the right user setup and it must work

Custom Search