PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Box Operator installation failing via Group Policy

Custom Search

swt
07-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Folks,

we're installing a new C360 and I've set up Group Policy to push out installation of Box Operator to workstations and, whilst it appears to be installing during client startup, it doesn't actually install.

GP results show 'Software installation failed...Fatal error during installation' (Computer Configuration) and 'Software Installation did not complete policy processing because the user needs to log on again for the settings to be applied. Group Policy will attempt to apply the settings at the user's next logon' (User Configuration) although restarting does not resolve this.

Box Utility is currently installed on most machines as we are using a C350 until the new machine is operational. Testing on a workstation with Box Utility uninstalled gives the same errors.

I'm using the msi file from the installation DVD (file version 3.0.1) and have downloaded v3.2.02000 but that is not in msi format. Am I likely to have a dodgy msi file?

swt
07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Is it possible to tweak the old Box Utility to work with the new bizhub printers below? I know I'm clutching at straws but would like to avoid going around all machines to install manually (especially given a standalone install on my machine has produced a Box Operator that doesn't do anything).

C360
C280

RRodgers
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I got nothing for ya on this. I'm sorry.

swt
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks anyway.

It must be something to do with our workstations as it has installed ok via Group Policy to one test machine but on two others it looks like a partial install (no desktop icon and nothing happens when we click on the entry in All Programs).

Custom Search