PDA

View Full Version : Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) System Software Installer DVD Needed

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

Mickey_uk
07-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi
I have a Konica C5500 Printing unit with the Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) Controller, a week ago Controller started giving me "FF" message in its digital led and the scan functionality of the printer is disabled. I look through the posts here and what I could gather was that my controller has a software problem and I have to reinstall the software again.
The thing is that I cannot find the copy of the DVD anywhere. I was wondering if someone can help me to find the DVD or give the a link to me, I would be very much grateful.

Please let me know if you need more information

HORSE
07-17-2010, 12:18 AM
FF means F**ked Fiery and a reload is required. It could be a faulty hard drive as well but a software reload costs nothing and is worth ago

You would need to contact Technical Support in Europe to get those disks. Are you KM, Auth Dealer or End user? and where in the UK are you from?

Stirton.M
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM
According to the service manual, FF is an indicator that the update is complete. A reboot might be needed of the fiery.

If the fiery is still operational, that is you can still print to it, then the fiery is operational. Use remote desktop from a windows machine on the same network. Type the IP address of the fiery itself for the connection address. The login name is Administrator (upper case A). Password is "Fiery.1" (upper case F).

If you can get that far, the fiery is not down for the count and should be recoverable.

Go to the start menu when you enter into remote desktop on the fiery itself. In the programs list, is the Fiery Tools. Click the Update link. A window will open giving you the update options. Default is to notify you of available updates. I switch this to update automatically, in both the windows and the fiery software. Then I select "update now" in that window. A new window will open up and after a few moments, should show you a list of updates. These are all windows based. They should all be selected automatically. Allow the update to be performed. When it is done, allow a reboot of the fiery. I recommend a full power down instead of a simple restart.

When the fiery is back up and running, reconnect again into remote desktop, and repeat the above process to the updates window. The second run through will then show the Fiery updates. None should be selected by default. Do not select them all. Only select the items that would be unique to your situation. They should be self explanatory.

After those patches are applied, reboot the fiery once more. You should be able to use the device as normal.

And though I have not tried it as yet, you could try performing a system restore, in the same way any windows computer has this ability. As I had mentioned, the FF code indicates that a patch was applied. A simple reboot may be all that is required, but if that fails to resolve the issue, then a restore may reverse the applied patch. Following that restore, disable automatic download of patches and do those manually for the fiery side of the patch update related above. You should still be able to leave windows as automatic, since those patches are not related to the fiery software itself.

HORSE
07-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Do be honest FF is usually the system not working as it should, I wouldn't be worrying too much about patches or manuals.

OP try a hard switch off and if the fiery goes through the normal boot sequence and does not make it to 00 and the controller button does not show on the screen you need to reload.

A power spike can often crash your fiery like that.

Stirton.M
07-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Pardon me, I should have read a little further in the book on that code. I initially saw the code was as I stated, but neglected to scroll up to see it had to do with USB thumb drive install.

As for power....stupid power...messing with a perfectly good system....

Mickey_uk
07-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Thank you very much guys,
I am the end user of the printer and located at Birmingham.
I have tried the remote desktop once before but I would give it a go one more time.

What I have done to debug the problem so far was to connect the monitor to the unit. When i turn the unit on there is the FF message for like 2 sec then it start counting to 100, while it is counting I can see the normal memory and motherboard check messages on the monitor. when it get to 97 is when unit wants to load the windows OS and at that moment i would get the FF message. what I would see next on the monitor is the OS selection menu (normal or normal with VGA) for a moment then the windows xp logo for sec and then dark screen. I know that there shouldn't be any picture after that. so i figured that the unit is booting but i see the FF message just before windows loading up. I opened the unit as well, i was clean and memory seems to be fine.

I think it was a power failure because before the unit get busted we tripped the fuse couple of time.

Just to be perfectly clear the only way to get the reload DVD is to contact the KM support? I looked though their website couldn't find anything so thought i am looking at the wrong place!

Thank you again

Mr Spock
07-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Try this if you want. I offer no warranty as to what could go wrong. I have done this on other fiery's for this code but not a c5500/6500.

Shut down printer and fiery.
unplug fiery from wall and machine
remove the cmos battery (if you do not know what this is stop and call a technician)
short the positive and negative post of the battery holder together for about 2 minutes
replace the battery
reconnect machine
reconnect power
power on and see if error goes away.

I believe that the ff code means (beside f*** fiery) that the bios could not finish transferring boot control to the hard drive

By the way even the KM techs cannot download the image file. We can order the cd's (as a service part) but not download the image.

HORSE
07-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Thank you very much guys,
I am the end user of the printer and located at Birmingham.
I have tried the remote desktop once before but I would give it a go one more time.

What I have done to debug the problem so far was to connect the monitor to the unit. When i turn the unit on there is the FF message for like 2 sec then it start counting to 100, while it is counting I can see the normal memory and motherboard check messages on the monitor. when it get to 97 is when unit wants to load the windows OS and at that moment i would get the FF message. what I would see next on the monitor is the OS selection menu (normal or normal with VGA) for a moment then the windows xp logo for sec and then dark screen. I know that there shouldn't be any picture after that. so i figured that the unit is booting but i see the FF message just before windows loading up. I opened the unit as well, i was clean and memory seems to be fine.

I think it was a power failure because before the unit get busted we tripped the fuse couple of time.

Just to be perfectly clear the only way to get the reload DVD is to contact the KM support? I looked though their website couldn't find anything so thought i am looking at the wrong place!

Thank you again

Sounds like the windows is running but the fiery application is not starting, thats the typical after a power failure without a proper shutdown.

You need to phone KM and get someone out there... I'm from that end of the world myself and I guess you have a service agreement so just get service to come and reload it for you. If you have just T&M agreement it will only probably be a call out charge.... it takes 54 minutes to reload v2.0 on a IC408.

The unit usually stays on FF for a few minutes before it goes to 00, what its doing at this time is waiting for the fiery application to start up ... once the unit displays 00 the fiery is nearly up and running. ( controller button will now appear)

If the fiery application cant start because it is corrupted... it just sits on FF.

Stirton.M
07-19-2010, 04:56 AM
By the way even the KM techs cannot download the image file. We can order the cd's (as a service part) but not download the image.

If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should be able to download all fiery images. 2.0 is the current, last time I looked.

The following link will get you to the download files if you have a login account with mykonicaminolta

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=920&filetypeid=2

HORSE
07-19-2010, 05:13 AM
If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should be able to download all fiery images. 2.1 is the current, last time I looked.

Is that for IC408? or IC303?

I got

v2.1 for IC405
v2.1 for IC303/305 (system 8)
v3.0 for IC305 (system 9)

but only v2.0 for IC408 but v3.0 is coming soon. Haven't came across v2.1 yet

Stirton.M
07-19-2010, 05:24 AM
My mistake Horse, I thought 2.1 was out, but I was thinking of the 303/305

The original is edited along with a link

Mr Spock
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should be able to download all fiery images. 2.0 is the current, last time I looked.

The following link will get you to the download files if you have a login account with mykonicaminolta

I posted this without checking. The last time I checked I was using the wrong look up. (I was using fiery x*** not ic -***)
Thanks for the link though.

Mickey_uk
07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
:confused:
Is that for IC408? or IC303?

I got

v2.1 for IC405
v2.1 for IC303/305 (system 8)
v3.0 for IC305 (system 9)

but only v2.0 for IC408 but v3.0 is coming soon. Haven't came across v2.1 yet

Well I have tried the remote desktop with the Fiery.1 Password, no luck, I am not even sure that the remote desktop service is running at the machine! or the password is wrong. Although when I use my computer I can find the fiery unit in the network section with the name of "OEM-0RDY5LQ9HU" but when I barrows, it has only a printer folder which is empty!

On the unit it say:
Electronic For Imaging
Printer Controller
Model: Fiery X3eTY2-10

I assumed it is IC-408, I was wondering can you send me the image to me. I can provide you with the part no. if it helps.

Toxic
03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Few days ago we had problem with ic-408.
I guess system were down,display shows FF and controller tab on machine display was grey.
We manage to install new system on the controller over network cable after problem with one laptop because it get some error with tftp aplication.
When we try other laptop everything pass ok and we put controller back to machine to finish instalation procedure.

In controller service manual i see that is posibility to install system from usb flash drive but i dont understand how to make flash bootable.
With machine and controller we get few CD ,one of them is system softvare, (one from we installed system) but i can not find anywhere Usb flash installer which is required for instalation system on the usb flash drive.

Any help on this?

Christian_W
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Hello Toxic,
to install a system to a USB flash drive you need the USB Flash installer CD.
With this CD you can boot your PC it starts a Knopix system. Than you have to connect the USB Flash drive to your PC and load the system software in the DVD drive.
The system will be installed on the USB Stick. After this you can start your Fiery with the connected USB Stick and the system will be installed to the Fiery controller.

Christian

Toxic
03-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes,i read that i have to get usb flash installer but where i am going to get that?
I already mention that i do not have that disc delivered with the machine (c5501).
Is that disc ordinary Knopix linux or some special version just for this purpose?
Where can i download usb flash installer?
I search on Infohub,but i can not find it...

jannypan
03-05-2011, 05:49 AM
The thing is that I cannot find the copy of the DVD anywhere. I was wondering if someone can help me to find the DVD or give the a link to me, I would be very much grateful.

CKiiza
03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
This is surely helpful info. Mine is related.I had the FF, reinstalled system software, now it boots but displays 02 on the LEDs. however the controller icon on the copier's screen is still inactive. any thing to do about that? tried reloading the firmware again but the problem still persists. any hints?

Toxic
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
01 or 02 on LED display means "update in progress".
Maybe you just have to give it more time to finished job.
After i put new system softvare on Fiery over Ethernet cable i put controller on the machine and after powering up it takes little less then 1 hour before ic-408 was ready and shows on machine display as ready.

Any help for me and Usb flash installer?

Antero
12-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Please share the installation image for the IC-408 (KM bizhub c6501), the latest version

ChrissyG
01-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Hi Guys

I have an IC-408 that crashed decided to reload the fiery via USB, it completed fine, powered the printer back up fiery now has 02 on it which means updating. Left it over 24 hours to see if it would update no joy, plugged a monitor in to see how it was doing and now all seems to boot up fine just comes up with " the video driver failed to initialize" going to try a new HDD and reload again.

my only question is that I have downloaded ;

IC-408_v2-0_SySw
IC-408_v2-0_UserSw

i can put the SySw onto USB via fiery USB setup tool but not the usersw?

was wondering if the other that had similar issues managed to resolve the problems?

thanks

Toxic
01-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Hi,
UserSw should not be loaded on usb,i never do that before,only system software.
i recently had similar problem but in my case after 45 min Ic-408 shows FF and stay for about 2 hours, i tryed several times with same result.
I do system software on others IC-408 and it always take about 1 hour for complete procedure.
Then i open ic-408,clean dust,remove ram,clean slots,reconnected all cables,clear cmos on board and try again.
Also i remove ram memory from slot1 to slot2 like service manula says,i dont know how it was in slot1,it should not be.
Because it was late a leave it working,in the morning i find "00" on Ic-408 and everything working.

ChrissyG
01-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Hi Toxic

so I am doing it right, must be something causing my issue will try a new HDD and see how it goes.

only thing I haven't tried is the CMOS - what do you mean by that?

Toxic
01-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Clear cmos is procedure for reset bios settings of the motherboard just like for regular pc motherboards.

ChrissyG
01-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Just done the CMOS reset, turned it back on and now instead of hanging on 02 it's on 03 will leave it a while and let you know how it goes. Can't find what 03 means in the manual ?

It doesnt say controller on the screen

Synthohol
01-03-2017, 11:03 PM
PDF page 64

ChrissyG
01-04-2017, 06:31 PM
I seem to be going round in circles here, now when it turns on it goes to 91 and switches off. needs updating? anybody know what the update software is called? i should be able to download it somewhere as i have no DVD's with this machine, is it the User_Sw file?
also it says i need a single use dongle. but i havent replaced the board to get the usb

Toxic
01-04-2017, 08:36 PM
I dont think so you need anything except just system sotware on usb,i never put any update and after installing system i always disable autoupdate in system settings.
You have some other problem here.
Did you tried every time procedure from start or just continue with copier "on" and connected with IC-408?
Did you ever try this before with that specific system software you got?
What is memory size of system software,type of file (iso ? ) and what version, V1,V2?
On what copier machine is that Ic-408?

ChrissyG
01-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Ill start from fresh,
Its a Ikon 550c (KM C5501) with IC-408, i have 2 .iso files V2 one is a SySw the other is UserSw. What Ive done is used the USB prep tool where you drag and drop the .iso file with a usb connected into laptop. once files have copied I set the service switches on top of controller to (1 on, 2 off) plug usb in with the controller off with copier off. turn the controller on and it runs through from 00 to about 20 then goes to FF. if i plug a monitor in it runs through installation and says complete turn power off and unplug usb. i unplug usb turn power off and leave it 30 seconds. turn the controller back on then power the copier on. controller then shows random numbers switches off, turns back on goes to 02 then 03, after 03 it turns off, comes back on with FF then after a while goes to 91 and turns off again. controller does not show on copier panel.

Synthohol
01-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Ugggh I despise the USB way. I like to know what going on.
I use PowerISO mount the image as if it were the dvd and flip the 2 switches and follow the prompts. I get to see the progress of the upload and in the 200 or so fiery I've reloaded over the years only 2 did I have to do twice.
It's never asked for user sw as its not the tower fiery.
Also important as to what version software. The newest one needs a bios upgrade only available from efi for $$ and the ram upgrade that comes with it..IIRC

Toxic
01-04-2017, 11:28 PM
Why you touch switches,i never moved them from default position when install system from usb,i just move them when installing system over network?
It also says in service manual for usb procedure not to move switches...

NOTE: DO NOT move the service switches to the service position. Leave the switches in the
Normal position (away from ON).

jotunn
01-04-2017, 11:29 PM
You've got wrong software - for Konica Minolta, not for Ikon. PName variable defined in controller BIOS is different between Ikon (IKON_CPP650_3TY2), and Konica Minolta (KM_Acacia_3TY2). During installation controller software check this variable, when it is different from "known" one, controller stops installation, and show 91 error.

ChrissyG
01-04-2017, 11:37 PM
ok, Im going to try and get hold of the DVD to do it over ethernet and will give that a try, also the reason for moving the switches is I switch 1 on 2 off is for usb reload 1 on 2 on is for ethernet reload. where would i get the ikon version from? i would of thought the KM version would of worked

if you dont move the switches nothing happens

also found this, its from the efi forum this guy works for fiery so should know what hes talking about?

"You still may be able to get Ikon (now Ricoh) to replace that motherboard (kit part number 45073491). Though that Fiery is no longer officially supported by them - or anyone else, for that matter.
An alternative may be to find another used one (with same part number on sticker - 45059928)

Another possibility, since that copier is a re-badged KM C6500 / 6501, is to find a used KM Fiery controller:
IC-408 X3eTY2 v2.0 System Software
IC-303 S450 v3.xx System Software
IC-305 Pro80 v3.xx System Software

These controllers would work with CPP650 copier

If, you could buy one of these from a KM dealer, perhaps you could get support for the copier AND the Fiery as well"

Toxic
01-04-2017, 11:44 PM
I really dont know how but i just follow service manual and it clearly says what to do, "do not move switches"...and it worked.
Where did you get info about position of switches, maybe this is not your problem but i am just curious?

ChrissyG
01-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Ive read through all sorts on here and other forums, i will try again with both switches in the normal position and try again, shall see how that works for me

I have just plugged USB in with switches on normal and is reloading as we speak. wish me luck

p.s if this works im an idiot

Synthohol
01-05-2017, 12:03 AM
yeah, USB method you dont move switches, i always use the Ethernet cable so thats why i have to move both to on.

Synthohol
01-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Fiery X3eTY2-10 65-55c-KM, Ikon or Konica Minolta IC-408? (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/3420-Fiery-X3eTY2-10-65-55c-KM-Ikon-or-Konica-Minolta-IC-408?)

bios issue.

ChrissyG
01-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Does this help?

jotunn
01-05-2017, 12:22 AM
also found this, its from the efi forum this guy works for fiery so should know what hes talking about?

"You still may be able to get Ikon (now Ricoh) to replace that motherboard (kit part number 45073491). Though that Fiery is no longer officially supported by them - or anyone else, for that matter.
An alternative may be to find another used one (with same part number on sticker - 45059928)

Another possibility, since that copier is a re-badged KM C6500 / 6501, is to find a used KM Fiery controller:
IC-408 X3eTY2 v2.0 System Software
IC-303 S450 v3.xx System Software
IC-305 Pro80 v3.xx System Software

These controllers would work with CPP650 copier

If, you could buy one of these from a KM dealer, perhaps you could get support for the copier AND the Fiery as well"

I've never had Ikon machine to test possibility of connecting KM branded controller. But as I said, you can't install KM software on Icon controller - I have had few of them, and I always have to convert them to KM brand to install software.

The controllers are physically identical - the only difference is PName variable in encrypted area of BIOS.

ChrissyG
01-05-2017, 12:28 AM
so if this doesn't work with both switches at normal position, my next option is to find the IKON software?

jotunn
01-05-2017, 12:34 AM
so if this doesn't work with both switches at normal position, my next option is to find the IKON software?

Yes.

ChrissyG
01-05-2017, 12:37 AM
Any ideas on where I could find it? Only work with KM machines so may struggle

ChrissyG
01-05-2017, 01:08 PM
managed to get into ricoh support, they dont support this anymore, my question is the BIOS will be on the motherboard? and i have read that a KM ic-408 will work on the machine. so if i can get hold of a konica motherboard and fit will this fix my issue?

Synthohol
01-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Easier to just find the small bios file and update it than to change an expensive motherboard.

jotunn
01-05-2017, 06:47 PM
@Synthohol
Not easy at all - you can't just swap BIOS chip between Fiery controllers, as well as you can't program BIOS with rom image taken from another one.
BIOS is prepared for specific motherboard - there are two network interfaces with two different MAC addresses, both of them are written in encrypted area of BIOS.
When MAC addresses differs between BIOS and network interfaces, controller stops with 92 error code as I remember.
First time when I was swapping BIOS between controllers I had to desolder two EEPROMs from motherboard to change MAC addresses manually.
Next time i found way to manipulate with encrypted data in BIOS, and everything started to be easier.

Now I can convert controllers - turn IC408 into IC305 for example, turn on available options, refill used dongles and so on.

@ChrissyG
I will help you, but you need to make a BIOS data dump to a file, and send this file to me.
https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom <- this software works for me

ChrissyG
01-05-2017, 06:56 PM
@Synthohol
Not easy at all - you can't just swap BIOS chip between Fiery controllers, as well as you can't program BIOS with rom image taken from another one.
BIOS is prepared for specific motherboard - there are two network interfaces with two different MAC addresses, both of them are written in encrypted area of BIOS.
When MAC addresses differs between BIOS and network interfaces, controller stops with 92 error code as I remember.
First time when I was swapping BIOS between controllers I had to desolder two EEPROMs from motherboard to change MAC addresses manually.
Next time i found way to manipulate with encrypted data in BIOS, and everything started to be easier.

Now I can convert controllers - turn IC408 into IC305 for example, turn on available options, refill used dongles and so on.

@ChrissyG
I will help you, but you need to make a BIOS data dump to a file, and send this file to me.
https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom <- this software works for me

How do i do that if I can't turn it on?
i will try a keyboard in it to see if I can access bios menu

jotunn
01-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Connect keyboard, monitor, prepare bootable DOS usb memory stick with awdflash or flashrom, and that's it...
Boot from prepared memory stick - the same way as you had to boot for Fiery system software installation...

Bios menu is heavily modified - you can view only voltages and fan RPM.

ChrissyG
01-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Connect keyboard, monitor, prepare bootable DOS usb memory stick with awdflash or flashrom, and that's it...
Boot from prepared memory stick - the same way as you had to boot for Fiery system software installation...

Bios menu is heavily modified - you can view only voltages and fan RPM.

once i have done this how can i send you the info? do you want to PM me?
thanks

ChrissyG
01-09-2017, 08:05 PM
When using the SySW reload software if i double click the installer to use via cross over cable why does it say "insert disk 1" ?

Synthohol
01-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Did you mount the .iso image with an app like PowerISO or extracted the whole thing to hdd?
I always just mount the iso as a virtual dvd drive and it wont ask to insert disk.

Custom Search