PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Can't enter service or Admin mode on 8650

Custom Search

techpro
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I have a Magicolor 8650 printer that won't let me into Admin or service mode. All it says is password mismatch. A little background, one of my techs awhile back swapped the NVRAM board with a machine in the field to get the customer up and running, they had the same problem Passwords not recognized. So now I'm stuck with a new printer that won't allow me to go in and configure anything. It does print off status pages. Can anything be done to bring it back to life? I can't get a new NVRAM for KM.:mad: I think the NVRAM is flaky.

Any insite would be much appreciated.

infred
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi!

Had you entered the admin password 12345678 and the service mode password 92729272?

Which admin/service mode password you`re entered?

best regards,

Fred

I have a Magicolor 8650 printer that won't let me into Admin or service mode. All it says is password mismatch. A little background, one of my techs awhile back swapped the NVRAM board with a machine in the field to get the customer up and running, they had the same problem Passwords not recognized. So now I'm stuck with a new printer that won't allow me to go in and configure anything. It does print off status pages. Can anything be done to bring it back to life? I can't get a new NVRAM for KM.:mad: I think the NVRAM is flaky.

Any insite would be much appreciated.

Custom Search