PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250

Custom Search

CableGuy
07-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi all
I am i need of assistance, again. I have to replace the drive unit on a Bizhub 250 as some of the gears and the gear on the motor have worn away due to leaking dev. I have ordered the parts, but looking in the service manual, it does not describe how to go about changing the drive unit. Unfortunately, I don't usually have much to do with these machines as we are a Ricoh dealer. Is there any advice or special prayer that is required before going about replacing it? Or is there any where I can get my hands replacement instructions

Your assisstance would be greatly appreciated as I'm lined up to go take on this task on Monday?

Many thanks in advance

minimerlin
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi CableGuy, You maybe in for a bit of a job. KM never tells you in the manual how to do a job that is a big pain!! You just have to take it steady and make sure you know where any connector you disconnect came from!! A camera phone can be useful at this time, as well as the parts manual. Just take it slow and all will be well.

Stirton.M
07-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi all
I am i need of assistance, again. I have to replace the drive unit on a Bizhub 250 as some of the gears and the gear on the motor have worn away due to leaking dev. I have ordered the parts, but looking in the service manual, it does not describe how to go about changing the drive unit. Unfortunately, I don't usually have much to do with these machines as we are a Ricoh dealer. Is there any advice or special prayer that is required before going about replacing it? Or is there any where I can get my hands replacement instructions

Your assisstance would be greatly appreciated as I'm lined up to go take on this task on Monday?

Many thanks in advance

Pay no heed to the manuals4you spammer. He knows not his place in life and is merely trying to rip you off with STOLEN and likely outdated manuals (and possibly a virus from that download), all the while completely ignoring the fact that you already have manuals.

Stirton.M
07-17-2010, 02:23 AM
YOU are illegally selling the property of Konica Minolta.

I have EVERY right to make issue with you over those manuals, as they are NOT YOURS TO SELL. You are in violation of copyright laws. Konica Minolta reserves the right to provide manuals to AUTHORIZED service personnel. And as for factory trained, I AM factory trained, and I get ALL my manuals when I go on training courses and I can download ALL updated manuals from my company website.

And I do not consider making this an issue violating the rules. If it comes down to it, if I have to, I will make this a legal issue and ensure that Konica Minolta Legal department is aware of this site's collusion with your activity. You are a scumbag thief, I got no problem shutting you down for that, and if this site suffers as a result, you will be the reason why.

As for no virus can be sent with a pdf, so says the idiot who has no clue.... Enfocus - Can a PDF document contain a virus? (http://www.enfocus.com/kb.php?id=981) and http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/infotech/internet/Beware-PDF-in-mail-could-be-a-virus/articleshow/5814480.cms

Hansoon
07-17-2010, 04:58 AM
independents would have no place to go to get manuals.

They have, there are many good sites where professionals help colleagues out. This site is one of them.

Hans

CableGuy
07-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys,

We are dealers, not independants, I have the manuals in my possesion but thanks for your kind offer. It is just that I have the misfortune of having to work on the KM machines on a very irregular basis, as our main line of business is Ricoh. Some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to flog a few KM's to see how they went down.....lead balloon comes to mind. I find the KM manuals as about useful as a chocolate tea pot and their back-up nowhere near as good as Ricoh. Each time I've called them, I've had the feeling I've woken someone from their slumber and they're not too happy about it.

So I'm guessing that I'm on my own here and will have to be very observant when stripping this sucker down. If it dies, well.....that's one less KM I have to worry about.....

Oh you guys can carry on slogging it out now, it amuses me LoL

Oh and I am an authorized KM engineer, have been on their courses......Baz Vegas baby....that's in Essex...

RRodgers
07-17-2010, 07:40 PM
The black and white boxes on the KM's kinda blow. But the color boxes are great and VERY easy to work on. I think I came up with a perm fix for the 2403's on the 420's and 500 boxes. I'll try to get something posted when I get a chance to take some pix and find everything I need.

Stirton.M
07-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi all

Many thanks in advance

was that the toner replenish drive unit?

See attached.

CableGuy
07-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for that Stirton, But it's the main drive unit I'm looking at. If you are standing looking at the back of the machine, on your left about half way up behind the exhaust fan there is a motor that drives a gearbox that I think drives the fuser, pcu and the bypass unit. Basically the gears have worn due to
the dev leaking over them. I have a couple of grainy pics I took with my phone. Cheers

Stirton.M
07-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Ya, I guess you are right about that issue. I don't work on the b/w machines, so I rarely get to see what those manuals look like. Of course, its not all gravy on the colour side, though I have to admit, the manuals for colour boxes are far more detailed. Even so, some items leave you wondering and scratching the head.

I think in this case, according to the manual, you've pretty much got at the meat of the disassembly of that section, so aside from the manual showing where the motor is, there wasn't much point in showing the rest, it should be pretty obvious. In colour units, there is a few more things that need to be removed to get at the fuser/main drive transmission, because there is a transfer belt involved, which makes it a little bit more complex. Even so, I find I am still having to guess sometimes what must be removed to get that transmission out. There is no further instruction on rebuilding the unit itself. So that becomes an almost guessing match in the parts manual as to what gear is where when you've identified the damaged one and need to order a replacement. some are obvious, while others are WTFIT.

Sorry we could not give much more insight than what you already have.

CableGuy
07-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks again Stirton,
I guess the thing to lookout for are the screws that should not be unscrewed....I wonder if KM has bothered to hi-light those with a dab of paint.....? I have ordered the entire gear box so hopefully that will make it easier than trying to rebuild it and end up with it turning backwards....!!

I'm just waiting on the arrival of the parts....then the fun begins...

Cheers

AyJayAreDii
07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks again Stirton,
I guess the thing to lookout for are the screws that should not be unscrewed....I wonder if KM has bothered to hi-light those with a dab of paint.....? I have ordered the entire gear box so hopefully that will make it easier than trying to rebuild it and end up with it turning backwards....!!

I'm just waiting on the arrival of the parts....then the fun begins...

Cheers

I am currently replacing a main drive unit on a C451. it is a pain with lots of units to come off. but there is a replacement procedure in the manuals for this machine. it say take EVERYTHING! else off first :(

CableGuy
07-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Good news everyone, the drive unit has been replaced and it wasn't too bad, All done in 50 minutes. Once you get past the 16 screws that hold the back cover on, everything else is pretty straight forward. The only problem I have is that the motor didn't arrive with the Drive unit, so I went ahead and replaced the Drive unit and the motor will have to go on if it ever arrives.....Thanks KM!!

I shall , when I get a moment, put together a little show and tell for the benefit of the others on here. I'm off for a week after this with a friendly bottle of Jack Daniels and some racing cars. So I'll only find out myself when I return if the parts have worked.

Thanks for all the help guys

Cheers

aleksander
07-23-2010, 04:01 AM
YOU are illegally selling the property of Konica Minolta.

I have EVERY right to make issue with you over those manuals, as they are NOT YOURS TO SELL. You are in violation of copyright laws. Konica Minolta reserves the right to provide manuals to AUTHORIZED service personnel. And as for factory trained, I AM factory trained, and I get ALL my manuals when I go on training courses and I can download ALL updated manuals from my company website.

And I do not consider making this an issue violating the rules. If it comes down to it, if I have to, I will make this a legal issue and ensure that Konica Minolta Legal department is aware of this site's collusion with your activity. You are a scumbag thief, I got no problem shutting you down for that, and if this site suffers as a result, you will be the reason why.

As for no virus can be sent with a pdf, so says the idiot who has no clue.... Enfocus - Can a PDF document contain a virus? (http://www.enfocus.com/kb.php?id=981) and Beware! PDF in mail could be a virus-Internet-Infotech-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/infotech/internet/Beware-PDF-in-mail-could-be-a-virus/articleshow/5814480.cms)
I agree with you stirton.

jrs157
07-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Are you talking about removing the gears that make up the verticle paper feed drive? You need to remove the 1st drawer feed drive clutch ? If so, you need to remove the drum assy , bypass,vert transport,1st and 2nd tray.... well it gets pretty deep in getting to the four screws that hold that drive package in place so I'll end it there but will suggest turning in the faultyt developer for a warrenty.
Crap plastic gear design is pushing past the envelope imo

jrs157
07-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Disregaurd my comment as I didn't know the thread was two pages in length.
As for those leaky developers, remember
An ounce of prevention. Is worth a pound of obscure
Left over screws

Custom Search