X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ineo+6501
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Mar 2010

[Error Code] bizhub C352 showing C-2152, HELP!

Service manual shows:

We have tried a brand new transfer belt in and the code remains.

We have had the machine in 9000 bits and changed the pressure/retraction sensor for a new one and the code remains.

Any ideas guys?
  • albasoul06

1. Turn OFF the main power switch.
    2. Turn main power switch ON while pressing the Utility/Counter key.
    3. Touch [Trouble Reset].
    4. Check to make sure that [OK] is displayed and the it has been reset.
    5. After turning off the main power switch, turn it on again more than 10 seconds after
    and check if the machine starts correctly.

Did you Check the M1 connector for proper connection, CL3 operation, or change Mechanical control board (MFPB) ? What about Firmware ?

Comment

• jackson
      Technician
      • Mar 2010

there is a modified part to fit to transfer belt , white plastic plate ,it is extended slightly to fit in the pressure/retraction sensor better, sorry haven't got p/n handy

Comment

• albasoul06

just got this.... is attached , hope this will help
        Attached Files

Comment

• jackson
          Technician
          • Mar 2010

A02E503301 Detecting Plate is the part required

Comment

• ineo+6501
            Trusted Tech
            250+ Posts
            • Mar 2010

Thanks for the help guys.

We know about the mod on the transfer belt. The transfer belt from the faulty C352 works in another C352, and the belt from the working C352 still triggers the code on the faulty C352.
            This leads us to believe that the fault lies with the machine engine rather than the belt. This is why we changed the sensor ass'y.

C-2152 is a Rank B code which means just opening/shutting the front cover is enough to reset the code. Trouble reset is not required.

We are a DEVELOP dealer and don't have access to KM firmware. Has anyone ever flashed a KM machine with DEVELOP firmware? We don't know if they are identical.

Comment

• remati
              Trusted Tech
              100+ Posts
              • Apr 2010

I already have had this fault...and I changed.. the sensor assy (all the parts ..suport ,actuator and sensor),and change the transfer belt too,for the new type ...and it works...

but....
              I know that sometimes the problem could be from the small box (mecanicall drive to de belt and fuse unit)and it needs to change the sensor inside,the MC inside too....I must tell you that is not easy to do this work

Comment

• texchar555
                Senior Production Tech
                100+ Posts
                • Mar 2007

here is the test. it will check the print controller,ps31 and clutch 7. install the tr belt without putting the screws for lock on tr belt. this will lesson the load to clutch 7 and it will come ready. installing the screws will prove that clutch 7 is at fault.

Comment

• Stirton.M
                  All things Konica Minolta
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • Oct 2009

From a TSB on this code....it is the only entry...and seems like a stupid answer to this...but then, surprises are part of the fun of these machines.

Solution ID TAUS0800831EN* Solution Usage 3
                  Description
                  C-2152 (C2152).
                  Solution
                  CAUSE: In addition to the causes listed in the Service Manual (1st Image Transfer Pressure/Retraction Position Sensor, PC6; Main Motor, M1; the 1st Image
                  Transfer Pressure/Retraction Clutch, CL3; and the Mechanical Control Board), check for paper stuck in the paper path. For example, paper in the fuser
                  section could block a sensor causing the C-2152 code.

And of course, it goes without saying, but you did not mention if you followed through with the second entry in the service manual on that particular code. Just in case, the attached image for clarity.transferbelt sep&#9.JPG
                  "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
                  ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
                  I will not answer requests or questions there.
                  Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

• ineo+6501
                    Trusted Tech
                    250+ Posts
                    • Mar 2010

Thanks for that Stirton.

It was the Clutch in the end.

Cheers guys

Comment

• Stirton.M
                      All things Konica Minolta
                      1,000+ Posts
                      • Oct 2009

good show....
                      "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
                      ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
                      I will not answer requests or questions there.
                      Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

• martindivall

Re: bizhub C352 showing C-2152, HELP!

I know that this is an old thread, but I thought it may help others to know the cause of my c 2152 error code.

I had recently re fused the primary transfer belt unit, on reassembly I had inadvertently put the earthing spring behind the metal plate and not in front of it as shown in the bulletin ( link earlier in this thread ) this was causing electrical noise which was enough to trigger the code. got to love the Konica Minolta's eh !!

Anyhow this may help? worth checking before ripping the machine apart to get to the clutch.......

Comment

Working...