PDA

View Full Version : Scanning issue on Bizhub C252

Custom Search

vedder
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi guys

I am having a slight issue on a c252 when scanning, machine is set up printing fine and it does scan, but I can`t get it to scan multi page PDF (1 PDF with multi pages in it) there is no box to click on the right hand side of the screen for multi or single PDF, is this correct, because I know there is on the c350.

Any help would be appreciated, or if anyone has a c252 that scans, could you look and tell me if you have a option to click for multi page/single page scanning.

Thanks in advance.

vedder

oectech
07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey just checked the machine in my office and the box is there. Choose scan settings-file type-pdf and the box is on the right side just like a c350. Maybe its a firmware issue or a security setting?
Don't know if this helps but I tried.
oec tech

Doughboy
07-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I assume you are scanning to E-Mail. If so you need to go back into the admin settings and turn off Binary Division.

RRodgers
07-21-2010, 12:23 AM
I assume you are scanning to E-Mail. If so you need to go back into the admin settings and turn off Binary Division.

What he said. (+1) :)

TheOwl
07-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Also please make sure that the HDD is installed and set with in Service mode.

Without the HDD, these machines have no work space to be able to store all the information scanned to then stitch into one file. Some times you will find that the HDD can be turned off by doing a firmware upgrade.

vedder
07-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the speedy replies guys, its much appreciated, it`s not scanning to email its scanning to SMB so im thinking its the HDD issue, although im not sure why this would be as I havn`t turned it off, done a firmware update etc on the machine.

Is there anything is need to be wary about when I go in and have a look? do I reformat? just put HDD to install? I have the manual but doesn`t seem to tell me too much.

Cheers for the help, always nice to go into customers with as much prior knowledge as possible.

:)

TheOwl
07-21-2010, 11:41 PM
If I am right and it is just the HDD is turned off, then all that needs to be done is just set it to 'Installed'.

aesthetics1
07-22-2010, 04:16 PM
If you have done a firmware update recently, you will also want to do a "HDD Version Up" also. If you have set the hard drive to be installed, are sure that it's properly formatted, version updated, and you are still having problems, try a "data clear" from the service menu. I have had this button disappear before and had to do a data clear to get it back (Also the "Off Hook" button for faxing...)

vedder
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi, thanks for the help, it was the HDD was not installed, nice and quick fix, although not quite sure why it was uninstalled, but hey ho, its working so its all good.

Cheers.

RRodgers
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I think flashing the firmware is what might have turned it off. I've heard of this happening.

aesthetics1
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Ditto about the firmware. Some machines require you to re-set the hard drive and do a "HDD Version Up..." Happy to hear you figured it out!

Pinoy_Tech
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm a little confused with HDD issue here. We have many Ineo machines in field without HDD and I configured mostly on SMB setup but can be able to scan into multipage in a single file pdf provided that you will not maximize the used of memory. As what I know, during SMB scan, internal hdd is not involved unless you choose the scan to Box mode (if added). SMB scan is directly communicated to your work pc and use some space on scanner memory. I just think some other issue is causing the problem. Maybe the network interface setup need to reconfigure, I believed there is an option there for scanning just like many model does.

Again, I'm confused.....

aesthetics1
08-04-2010, 07:46 PM
The konica machines work slightly different.

TheOwl
08-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Although the Konica Minoltas and the Ineos are essentially the same, the firmware on the machines depicts exactly how they run and make use of certain functions.

From memory, the Australian C252s came standard with an HDD from Konica Minolta (as did other machines) but you had to fit it to the device. The Ineos may not have come standard with an HDD, so the firmware could have been different to allow for this. I guess Konica Minolta future proofed the machines for the that you mentioned being that the file cannot fill the Scan memoery.

As for the firmware, there were a couple of versions that caused the HDD to turn it self off from within Service Mode. Can't remember exactly which versions, but I have a feeling it going from Phase 2 to Phase 3 or something similar.

Pinoy_Tech
08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I am much more confused because of saying that there are slightly differences between the two brand. In reality, they are only one. I see no difference between the two as we are the authorized distributors of both brand but due to political issue regarding who will be one to distribute the original Konica & who will be the one to distribute Minolta (as we knew that Minolta was bankkrupt & bought by Konica), this Develop machines born in the market to resolved the issue of distributor's rights. Now we are distributing the Develop machines (Ineo) instead of KM as we are the original Konica distributor before. We are using the same manuals supplied by Original KonicaMinolta as well as all technical bulletin, information and any firmware upgrading. We do have the link also to Outward Training Course by KM but non of the information there says that the procedures from Bizhub's should not be applicable to Ineo's models & so on. See attached firmware sample from Bizhub350 model applying to Ineo350...

I guess, only destination area have some differences particularly to metric or inches version. We supplied European version anyway... I will search more deeply regarding difference issue, if I found any, I may tell it later...

Thanks anyway...

Stirton.M
08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
who will be one to distribute the original Konica & who will be the one to distribute Minolta (as we knew that Minolta was bankkrupt & bought by Konica

Minolta was not bankrupt. I worked for the company directly under that name. It was a full-on merger, not a buyout. Hence the group name Konica Minolta. The logo even retains the Minolta Ball logo.

Konica Minolta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konica_Minolta)

Also, there are some significant differences between an OEM Konica Minolta and third party. See the attached firmware description for the BH350 ver 80, an identical model on the outside, but not the same where programming is concerned. Pay special note to the firmware level name. I suspect the fixes may be different, though I cannot say for certain. Company logo information is also contained within. You can try to update with a KM firmware, but you may end up "bricking" that machine.

ineo+6501
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
DEVELOP differs from the other 3rd party badged Kon Min machines in so much as DEVELOP is owned by Konica Minolta and until last year I think even occupied the same rooms at Langenhagen in Germany. We have access to new firmware updates and so on at the same time as Kon Min, whereas 3rd party badged Kon Min dealers get them later.

The DEVELOP machines show the planets screen on startup but this can be changed to show the Kon Min logo via a software sw, just as the bizhubs can be set to show the planets.

Our dbox login takes us to the CSES pages and our online training is done on MPlus just as Kon Min dealers.

We successfully flashed a bizhub 250 with ineo 250 firmware and the machine appears to be no different apart from the planets logo screen.
This is the only machine we have cross flashed so I don't know if the same applies to the rest of the machine range.

Pinoy_Tech
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Stirton.M;157059]Minolta was not bankrupt. I worked for the company directly under that name. It was a full-on merger, not a buyout. Hence the group name Konica Minolta. The logo even retains the Minolta Ball logo.

Sorry for mentioning bankrupcy, its my negligence of saying that, my mistake too listening to some sales representative who just keep on saying the said company was down. Thanks for you for enlightening my thoughts, it's really a merged of two giant companies.

just human beings......

Stirton.M
08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
DEVELOP differs from the other 3rd party badged Kon Min machines in so much as DEVELOP is owned by Konica Minolta and until last year I think even occupied the same rooms at Langenhagen in Germany. We have access to new firmware updates and so on at the same time as Kon Min, whereas 3rd party badged Kon Min dealers get them later.

The DEVELOP machines show the planets screen on startup but this can be changed to show the Kon Min logo via a software sw, just as the bizhubs can be set to show the planets.

Our dbox login takes us to the CSES pages and our online training is done on MPlus just as Kon Min dealers.

We successfully flashed a bizhub 250 with ineo 250 firmware and the machine appears to be no different apart from the planets logo screen.
This is the only machine we have cross flashed so I don't know if the same applies to the rest of the machine range.

As I understand it, there are some machines that do have programming differences. Other techs here have mentioned this in some older threads, though I cannot recall specifics. There is I suppose, at the root of the software, a lot of similarities regarding basic function. Ikon's C650 I am told, is physically the same machine as a C6500, but that there are differences at the board level. I have yet to be able to do a side by side comparison, so it is only hearsay. But from some talks with our tech support here, flashing that C650 with 6500 firmware could cause major problems.

And if I recall, there is something to do with i-Option on our newer series machines that is only KM. Specific hardware requirements are a part of this, along with firmware to enable the option.

Minolta was not bankrupt. I worked for the company directly under that name. It was a full-on merger, not a buyout. Hence the group name Konica Minolta. The logo even retains the Minolta Ball logo.

Sorry for mentioning bankrupcy, its my negligence of saying that, my mistake too listening to some sales representative who just keep on saying the said company was down. Thanks for you for enlightening my thoughts, it's really a merged of two giant companies.

just human beings......

Not to worry, sometimes information is sent via rumour. Once in a while it is right, other times it is not. And word to the wise, never take what a sales rep says at face value. Personal experience has taught me that simple fact, that not always do they know what they are talking about.

Custom Search