PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 with error code C-4101

Custom Search

Taminol
07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi guys,
We have a brand new, never produced a copy in its life before, C220 in our warehouse.
I set it up today and was greeted by C-4101 within 10 seconds of switch on.
The code relates to the polygon motor rotation. I checked the obvious cables connectors etc but am loathed to take the unit out because it's a brand new machine and we'll hopefully be able to send it back to KM under an RMA.
If I put my ear to the left panel I could hear the polygon motor spinning with erractic timing.
I wondered if anyone else has had this problem on brand new machine setup?

Thanks

Taminol

Doughboy
07-21-2010, 12:34 AM
If its brand spanking new, send it back. I try not to repair new machines on customers sites as it gives a bad first impression. KM are more than capable of replacing a machine that has recieved a bad knock resulting in an error code. They may send a tech to repair it though.

Just out of curiosity, what company delivered it?

Taminol
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
If its brand spanking new, send it back. I try not to repair new machines on customers sites as it gives a bad first impression. KM are more than capable of replacing a machine that has recieved a bad knock resulting in an error code. They may send a tech to repair it though.

Just out of curiosity, what company delivered it?

I agree, the intention is to send it back. But I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced this failure and what the cause was.
The company that delivered it to us was Christian Salveson. We've never had any problems with them before and the delivery drivers are our usual guys who are very professional. I guess the machine could have taken a knock in their distribution centre or elsewhere in the supply chain. Although there was no visible sign on the box of anything untoward happening.

Custom Search