PDA

View Full Version : Can't scan on a Bizhub c353 !! Please help.

Custom Search

IT Squirrel
07-20-2010, 10:33 PM
A used Bizhub c353 has been rolled into the office, and no one knows how to get the machine to scan. I'm thinking this is a driver issue, but regardless of which driver i download, there is no options for scanning. It seems as though scanniing functionality has been disabled, is this possible?!? I have the administrator password, and the documentation that was downloadble was no help either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

aesthetics1
07-20-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a guide that I give out to my techs for scanning with the bizhubs, I would be happy to e-mail it to you if you want to PM me your e-mail address.

There are a few different ways that you can set them up for scanning, scan to e-mail, scan to "SMB" (a shared folder on the PC) or scan to "FTP" (similar to SMB, a folder on the PC.)

Doughboy
07-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi IT Squirrel, it all depends on how you want to scan. Do you want to scan to E-Mail or SMB? Drivers have no bearing unless you need to scan back to an application in which case you may need the Twain driver.

I have can send you the scan guide if you pm me your e-mail address.

RRodgers
07-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Looks like they got ya all hooked up.

NIKIL.KP
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
HI if the hadrddisk is set to off ,then u will not get the scan tab.maybe this could be the reason so please check whether harddisk option is set to on in the service mode.

Thanking you

IT Squirrel
07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Hey Nikil.kp , i not seeing a scan tab, i've logged into the web based utility, but i still don't see a scan tab. I am logged in as administrtor, but that just buys me the maintainence tab. Is there a particular version of firmware on the c353 that will give me that functionality? I'm really at a loss here, and i'm not sure how to get this resolved. Any help you can offer in this matter, will be greatly appreciated. da squirrel.

JSC
07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
The scan tab often does not show until you have clicked on the refesh icon near the top of the page.

Stirton.M
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey Nikil.kp , i not seeing a scan tab, i've logged into the web based utility, but i still don't see a scan tab. I am logged in as administrtor, but that just buys me the maintainence tab. Is there a particular version of firmware on the c353 that will give me that functionality? I'm really at a loss here, and i'm not sure how to get this resolved. Any help you can offer in this matter, will be greatly appreciated. da squirrel.

If you do not have them, download the User manuals

http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4957&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC

Print out a configuration page from your machine.

This is done via the "utility" hard key, then on the screen, "User settings", then "printer settings", then "print reports" and finally, "configuration page".

On that page, you should see the information regarding the hard drive, whether it is installed or not (enabled). The hard disk is not an option on this model, it should physically be in the machine.

If not enabled, go into tech rep and follow the instructions.

Tech rep:

1. Press the Utility/Counter key.
2. Touch [Check Details] on meter count display.
3. Press the following keys in this order.; Stop → 0 → 0 → Stop → 0 → 1

From there, select "system 2", then select "hdd" and set the enable. You will need to fully power off the machine from this point. Do not use the "worlds most useless power switch" on the control panel, use the main power switch found behind the front door, lower left.

If it is installed (enabled), you should also be able to gain access to even basic scanning one touches. The scan button (hard key) on the control panel will bring you to that area.

There is no scan tab in the web interface. The web interface only allows you to add one touch programming for scanning. It is called "store address". See attached.

As for scanning to email, smb, ftp or box, refer to the user manuals linked above on how to configure.

aesthetics1
07-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I think a few of you are confusing this with an older model. You will indeed never see a Scan tab. You will however see a "Store Address" tab. This is where you would set up the addresses for scanning.

If you are looking for the setup options for scanning, these are typically found under admin mode from the web based setup.

IT Squirrel
07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, thank you very much for all your help in this matter, i have just one more question; Is the Email settings page under Network, the only place i will need to specify Username and password for the c353 to login to a MS Exhange server via webmail? It turns out that scan-to-email is the only function that is needed here. Thanks again to all who replied to my post. da squirrel

aesthetics1
07-22-2010, 05:49 PM
As I said in my e-mails, you are going to need to put the address in a few places. If SMTP Authentication is on (which it most likely is):
Utility / Counter
Administrator Settings > 12345678 Password
Network Settings
E-mail Settings
SMTP
Detail Settings
SMTP Authentication ON
Enter the Username and Password here

Once you have done that, you will also need to enter it under:
Utility / Counter
Administrator Settings > 12345678 Password
Administrator / Machine Setting
Input Machine Address > Enter Name and Address Here
Administrator Address > Enter Name and Address Here

If you don't set the Machine/Administrator Address, when you try to send an e-mail, the start button may be orange, saying that no from address is set. Alternatively, if they have an address in there that is not correct, some servers will give you a login or forward TX error if the e-mails do not match.

Custom Search