PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 with Fiery IC 402: Fiery not recognizing FS 603?

Custom Search

siradlib
07-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi there,

as written in the subject: We have a Bizhub C450 with Fiery (IC-402). There´s also installed a Finisher FS 603. That finisher should be able to hole-punch, staple and folding. This works well with jobs that are send to the Fiery from a computer, and of course it also works when you only use the C450´s copier functions.

However, if you re-send a job from Command Workstation (version 4) you can not choose the option "fold and staple" because Command Workstation insists that there is no finisher installed at all. :confused:

Is there a setting within Command Workstation or the Fiery setup that I´m missing?

Stirton.M
07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
This is more a command workstation problem than it is the Fiery. The Fiery can communicate with the machine just fine, as evident through the driver. Command workstation is merely an interface program provided by EFI, to allow the end user to manipulate and reprint jobs from within the print queue. This might be an issue with that particular version of CWS, or that particular computer. Also, Java may not be the correct version for that variant of CWS. And of course, the OS environment itself, such as windows vista or windows 7, or...

Long story short, try installing CWS on a good computer. If at all possible, you can download and install the updated program from Fiery Command WorkStation 5 Thank You (http://efi.com/CWS5/Download/Thank-You/)
See if that corrects the problem or not.

siradlib
07-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I´ll try that and get back here after that.
Your suggestion sounds sensible!

RRodgers
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I think Stirton hit it right on the head.
Hope it works out for ya.

Custom Search