PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh FT 3713 Error code e-70

Custom Search

Canonzac
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Can someone tell me what this code means and how to reset it so I can troubleshoot the problem pick up copier at a yard sale for free. i work on canon copiers and have not any access to ricoh information.

Cipher
05-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Used (waste) toner overflow

Machine should return to a working state after it's been emptied.

Anders Nilsson
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
The waste toner is full and it has to be emptied and the errorcode must be reset in "SP-Mode".I think it was SP83 (it is very long ago since i worked with this machine) if you press the button's 71 and hold down Clear/stop key until a dot appears in the windowcorner and then immediately press lighter "exposurecontrol" then you are in SP-Mode (if i remember correctly)
otherwise send me a mail and i will help you further

blackcat4866
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Turn on dip switch 101-2 to enter service mode. Run SP 83 to clear the waste toner error.

mraktrak
04-22-2008, 04:03 AM
I followed the advice gleaned here.

After cleaning the toner overflow container, I reinserted it and got the same error message.

What we need to do next is find out which keys to press and for how long so that we can remove that error message.

Believe me, photocopy repair people really earn their money!

Besides the filth and dust from toner, there is the almost infinite knowledge required to tackle all the makes and models of all the companies....

UNBELIEVABLE ! I'm never doing that again!

Best regards,

Walter

julieannjohn
11-23-2009, 03:51 AM
I understand that I need to empty the used toner container and then run a service program mode but I do not know where the used toner is. I have a thick "Operating Manual and Parts Catalog with Diagrams" book and think I may have found it. Is it possibly called the "toner collection shaft"? If so, does anyone have tips on how to get to it? I'm not even sure if I've found it in the copy machine. This copy machine was bought real cheap from a university and has given me no problems. It's just that now, what should be a simple maintenance procedure seems impossible. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Julie

Anders Nilsson
11-23-2009, 07:16 AM
in the cleaning unit (in the container behind the cleaning blade)

julieannjohn
11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I think I have found it. Could you look at the picture and tell me if it's "C"? I think that's it. If that's it, does it slide out after removing the retaining ring? Thanks again for you quick reply!
Julie
copymachinesmaller pictures from home & garden photos on webshots (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2573508590032699229DVQAsN?vhost=home-and-garden)

Anders Nilsson
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I'ts the unit "A" and you release the screw ,squeeze the lever (the brownish thing) and pull the unit out, loosen the top cover (4 srew's) if i remember correct.Then empty the container in a plastic (or equal) bag and dispose in accordance of local law and restrictions then you vacuum clean the unit dust the cleaning blade with setting powder (or toner) to prevent the blade to grip in the drum and cause damage.Good luck
Yours
Anders

julieannjohn
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Okay, that's great! Now, just to be sure I'm doing this right, is the first screw you're talking about the one that I've pointed out here?
whichscrew pictures from home & garden photos on webshots (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2403163490032699229Fakyru)

If so, then I think I can follow the rest of your directions! Thanks so much!
Julie

JustManuals
11-23-2009, 08:08 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Anders Nilsson
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
No it's the one close to the center of the OPC approximately at the direction 16:00 "on a watch" it's screwed in the faceplate of the OPC unit
Yours
Anders

mraktrak
11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey Julieann.

Lucky you about that cheap copier. I paid over $3,000 Canadian for mine in 1997.

In 1997, here in Winnipeg, the FT3711 I think it was, was priced at $2,499
or so. Fortunately for me, a Ricoh Rep told me that the Ricoh FT3713 was
to be introduced later that year with new features, and 13 pages per min.

I only waited a month or so. Sure enough, it was... and is gorgeous!
Happly with it in every way.

A machine such as this could have produced the number of copies that I
have made with it in the first year, so to me it is still a new machine. I am
sure you will get many years of use out of it yet, and this is the place if
you are interested in taking care of it.

Custom Search