PDA

View Full Version : Service mode access for NEC IT3530D (Bizhub 350)

Custom Search

SAR
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
We had someone trade in this NEC machine and it's in good working order. We don't want to put it in the field, since it's not a KonicaMinolta, but would like to hook it up as an in house printer for our warehouse.
My question is, how do you access the service modes on the NEC machines? the admin mode is the same as KonicaMinolta models, but I can't get into the service modes.

Thanks.

Stirton.M
07-24-2010, 08:12 AM
utility
meter count
stop
zero zero
stop
zero one

SAR
07-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the reply, but that's the access method for the Bizhubs, it won't work on the NEC copiers.
The NEC machines are re-labeled KonicaMinoltas, but have some differences.

Pinoy_Tech
07-26-2010, 05:59 AM
If that is Bizhub 350, it should somewhat similar steps on entering tech rep mode. The procedure above had missed one step, nothing will lose if you try it again; (utility>details>stop>0>0>stop>0>1).

Hope this help :rolleyes:...

racosta
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
For the NEC models press access, account, press * 4 times. The start button will start to flash. Then press utility, user management, then service mode. To exit shut machine off. Or you can try this way also. Utility, access, press * 4 times, utility, utility, manitance, then service mode. Hope one of these works for you.

907tec
07-26-2010, 07:06 PM
We had one NEC re-branded biz 250 that had some craziness required to access service modes. IIRC, there were two separate tech modes requiring two separate methods of entry. The most helpful of the two tech modes (most reminiscent of the KM version) required dialing a fax number followed by a few keypresses. Something like dialing 1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9-1-9 (1-9, ten times) as a fax number, then asterisk and reset. I believe the other mode was entered by pressing "Access" then entering four asterisks, after which a new tech mode will appear under admin mode. I remember it taking me a few tries, so don't give up too quick.

SAR
07-27-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Racosta, the first method you mentioned got me right in.

Custom Search