PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous roller indentions

Custom Search

texchar555
07-25-2010, 05:16 AM
ok, Ive got a c6500 that likes to put roller indentions first 5mm and 3 inches after, only on ltr paper. does not mater paper type nor weight. face down not face up. works great letter r only. things ive replaced.
dercurler roller
ps19
entrance fuser sensor
decurler motor
sensor on clear plastic verticle section
m33 motor
4 one way gears on fuser
torqe limiter
reg roller unit
adu board
checked all bearings to lower adu section
checked all idle rollers for burs:confused:

HORSE
07-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Roller Indentations? How wide and how far apart?

I am confused by 5mm and 3 inches... is it repeating at 3 Inches? also its not clear if you indicated that it does or does not matter face up or face down.

Also for roller indentations... why Torque limiter and ADU board??

Stirton.M
07-25-2010, 07:54 AM
If what you describe is a wavy sheet of paper (as opposed to flat) trailing edge in face down, I have found that changing the decurler on the ADU turnover section is not the fix. The decurler on the exit section may be the problem, or more specifically, the torrington gears on that section. See attached....parts 11 and 12

It's a pain in the ass to get to, but should be serviced once in a while. To know for certain, clean the torrington bearings and scuff the shafts they sit on. If that corrects the problem, order new torrington gears, along with a new decurler (may as well do that while in that area).

texchar555
07-25-2010, 04:40 PM
horse, happens face down only on ltr any tray. as far as the adu replacement thats the boss. as far as the roller indentions its starts within the first 10mm on the edge of the paper and again about at 3 inches. the indention is about 5mm apart.

texchar555
07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
stirton, I did remove the gear and found the shaft was worn. I did scuff it up to see if this would work . It did not work so I will order parts 11,12. thank you on your idea.

texchar555
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM

Custom Search