PDA

View Full Version : SC28-03 Konica Minolta bizhub 1050e

Custom Search

copycorner
07-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Started when I turned the machine off, exchanged the stapler fs-503 with the perfect binder pb-501
and then turned the machine back on. The first error code was a sc28-04. I replaced the ADUBD1
and turned the machine back on. Now the copier comes to a ready state but when the start button is
depressed it feeds paper up to the edge of the separation chargers, stops, makes an audible click noise, and then an electronic squeal followed by the error code sc28-03. I'm not sure what could have happened to take out the ADUBD1 board (which blew the icp5 fuse) and now the sc28-03. The service manual
points to a high voltage abnormality. Usually I look for the simple things but this may not be one of those cases. Any other suggestions?

albasoul06
07-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Transfer/separation charger
Power feeding point ( ....it mean power connector )
High voltage unit /2 (HV2)

which one did you change from them ?........ another corona ? did you try ?

copycorner
07-27-2010, 04:15 AM
I replaced the broken corona with a discharge corona. I did notice that the wire was silver, not gold
colored like the previous one. Also, I did remove and replace the HV supply from the back of the ADU after
seeing if I could find anything abnormal when I was troubleshooting the previous sc28-04 code. Maybe I
put the connections on wrong. I doubt it but I will double check. I'm not sure what the squealing noise
is but I shut the machine off immediately cause it doesn't sound good. Now I'm gun shy cause I don't want to blow another board @$750 a piece. Any idea what's causing the noise?

langelot
07-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Everything is pointing to the HV Power Supply 2 (the power supply for the transfer/sep. unit) or the transfer/sep. unit itself. My reccomendation: first the code is pointing to the separation and not the transfer. The transfer wire is the one further to the right on the unit the other two wires are both separation - inspect both of those very carefully all the way up and down their lengths and open up the blocks to inspect for arcing. Also, that wire you replaced should have come in gold unless you got some kind of an after market or self made. If you can possibly find another transfer/sep. unit - I would try that first. Once you are satisfied that the unit is good, then go into your tech. rep. mode and do the automatic voltage/charge adjustments - from the same menu one would do the drum peculiarity adjustments. There you will be able to turn on all the different voltages without running paper through. If the High Voltage Power Supply Box (2) is bad, the adjustments should fail as well - you can try them without the transfer/sep. unit inside of the machine as long as you disable the transfer assist (dip switch 6-2 to a 1) - thats the little connector that hooks up to the transfer/sep. unit.

Finally - depending which version of the 1050 and which serial number cut in you have - the ADU boards have been "beefed" up - probably higher rated ICP and the such. So if you just changed one of the ADU boards and you have the latest version, it might not be compatible with the other ADU board and you might have had to replace the other one as well. The parts numbers are on the boards themselves.

A sure fix would be - replace transfer/sep. unit, HV2, and both ADU boards - expensive proposition! - Its a big boy's machine.

Good luck!

albasoul06
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
on my opinion LANGELOT is right..... 28-03 and 04 are HIGH VOLTAGE ABNORMALITY

DESCRIPTION: SC28-04 shortly after power up.
SOLUTION: CAUSE: ICP5 on ADUDB/1 has opened resulting in a loss of 24V DC to HV2.
SOLUTION: Replace the ADU drive board assembly (p/n 56UA-9070).

28-03

A separation leak is detected.
After a separation error detection signal is detected while in the separation ON, up to 5 separation ON/OFF operations occur in succession while in 10 prints.

Defective part : Transfer/separation charger
Power feeding point

28-04

The error detection signal (blowout of a 24V fuse) of the high voltage unit /2 (HV2) is detected.

Defective part : ADU drive boards /1, /2 (ADUDB1, 2)

remati
07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
change sep/trans corona...or change the broken wire first

Custom Search