PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 - 'no account set for group authentication'

Custom Search

swt
07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Hello,

initial printing to a new 601 tested ok after installation. I've since imported account track registration information ok from a C360 but now when I send a print job it fails to print with 'no account set for group authentication' as the error.

I've configured the 601 with the same settings, where possible, as the 360. User Authentication is Off on both machines, Account Track is On (Password Only) but I don't know enough about them to troubleshoot from here. There appears to be no ssl certificate installed on the 601 whereas there is one on the 360 but I don't know if this is relevant.

Am I just missing something basic?

Mr Spock
07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Which program did you use to export/import. I was lead to believe that you can not download a color account to a b/w machine. The color has an entry for color copying and this is not in the 601.

swt
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I used the Data Administrator utility. Should I just wipe and start again?

Should have said - I did create a new registration on the machine which gave the same result.

swt
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I've cleared all imported account track data and created a new registration but it won't print with Account Track on - it only prints with Account Track off.

When using account track and entering details on client driver the option to Verify was greyed out.

BIG PAPA
07-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Either turn on account track in the print driver, and input the code, or in the admin menu find the print without authentication and set to allow.

swt
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Clients have been using the 360 driver to print to the 601. I've installed the correct driver locally on one machine and it now prints ok to the 601 with account track data imported from the 360. I just need to figure out how to update other clients as the printers are pushed out via Print Management.

I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time on this.

Thanks,
swt.

Custom Search