PDA

View Full Version : scanning function bizhub 350/250

Custom Search

aleksander
07-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I have another problem with bizhub 350/250 scanning function. I tried to scan about 80 sheets original using ADF on bizhub 350. When finished scanning these 80 sheets original, I saw the memory free is 55% remain. But, the same document I tried to scan using ADF on bizhub 250. They just running at around 30 - 40 sheets on ADF, then "Memory full" occured. Memory Free is 20% remain.
Anyone know what should I do with this bizhub 250? I think both model bizhub 350 and bizhub 250 have got 192 MB.
Please, anyone know the solution? Thank you all.

Stirton.M
07-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I am not directly familiar with black and white, my focus is on colour units, but it might be related to file compression setting differences. There might not be any thing you can do about it if the differences are as significant as those between a C250 and C350. Of course, that doesn't mean you cannot change compression settings...MMR vs MR for example.

aesthetics1
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
You can fix this by installing a hard drive kit in the machine. It uses the hard drive as a "cache" for the scanned files (printing as well if you have huge print jobs that are getting lost on the machine) allowing you to scan (and print) much larger documents.

For that particular machine you are looking at getting an HD-504. These can run $100-$500 depending on whether you get them from an aftermarket accessory supplier or straight from KM.

Keep in mind that when you install the HD-504 you will also have to install a minimum of 32mb of additional memory in the machine (EM-303, 304, 305) unless you have a fax kit, in which case you will already have the required amount of memory.

aleksander
07-30-2010, 09:51 AM
You can fix this by installing a hard drive kit in the machine. It uses the hard drive as a "cache" for the scanned files (printing as well if you have huge print jobs that are getting lost on the machine) allowing you to scan (and print) much larger documents.

For that particular machine you are looking at getting an HD-504. These can run $100-$500 depending on whether you get them from an aftermarket accessory supplier or straight from KM.

Keep in mind that when you install the HD-504 you will also have to install a minimum of 32mb of additional memory in the machine (EM-303, 304, 305) unless you have a fax kit, in which case you will already have the required amount of memory.
I've already use the HD-504. Still same problem on bizhub 250.

aleksander
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I am not directly familiar with black and white, my focus is on colour units, but it might be related to file compression setting differences. There might not be any thing you can do about it if the differences are as significant as those between a C250 and C350. Of course, that doesn't mean you cannot change compression settings...MMR vs MR for example.
Could you give me the comparation between MMR, MR & MH? thank you.

aesthetics1
07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Have you properly formatted the drive? have you made certain that it recognizes it?

BIG PAPA
07-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Have you check the other settings such as resolution, density, file type, etc...

Stirton.M
07-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Could you give me the comparation between MMR, MR & MH? thank you.

Coding Method Select the coding method for the data to be sent. Select “MH”, “MR” or “MMR”. The data amount for the coding methods increase as follows: MMR, MR, MH.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“B/W Coding Method”
parameter Select “MH” or “MMR” as the encoding method for saving files. Some images cannot be viewed on the computer, depending on the encoding. In that case, select “MH” to increase the possibility that the image can be viewed. The size of the encoded data depends on the image data; however, generally, MH data is larger than MMR data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MMR Abbreviation for Modified Modified Read. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/20 their original size.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MH Abbreviation for Modified Huffman. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/10 their original size.

aleksander
07-31-2010, 03:07 AM
Have you properly formatted the drive? have you made certain that it recognizes it?
sure, and same result. too much eating memory.

aleksander
07-31-2010, 03:08 AM
Have you check the other settings such as resolution, density, file type, etc...
I'm using PDF format, 200 x 200 dpi and normal density.

aleksander
07-31-2010, 03:11 AM
Coding Method Select the coding method for the data to be sent. Select “MH”, “MR” or “MMR”. The data amount for the coding methods increase as follows: MMR, MR, MH.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“B/W Coding Method”
parameter Select “MH” or “MMR” as the encoding method for saving files. Some images cannot be viewed on the computer, depending on the encoding. In that case, select “MH” to increase the possibility that the image can be viewed. The size of the encoded data depends on the image data; however, generally, MH data is larger than MMR data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MMR Abbreviation for Modified Modified Read. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/20 their original size.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MH Abbreviation for Modified Huffman. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/10 their original size.
Thank you stirton. I like your explanation.

Custom Search