PDA

View Full Version : Refurbing imagine units ?

Custom Search

Kenny
07-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Just wondering if many of u guys refurb your own imagine units ? New drum blade and developer ?

let me know please

thanks

Dave

CHIPS HOME
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
We have all needed for refurbish chips,blade,drum and original developer. If any interested wellcome to inbox us.

aesthetics1
07-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Which machines? Are you referencing color IUs or what? We rebuild nearly all of the black and whites, and we chip the color ones to get double life out of them.

burncrauder
07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Which machines? Are you referencing color IUs or what? We rebuild nearly all of the black and whites, and we chip the color ones to get double life out of them.

How do I chip a IU from Minolta C350?

aesthetics1
07-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I give it about 20 minutes or so and one of the copier chip guys will reply to this post with a link. Basically you can either buy a programmer from one of these reputable sites where you can "re-program" the chips to their original state. They are located on the IU where it interfaces with the machine.
Alternatively, you can order JUST the chips if you do not have a massive pile of IUs that you need to chip. The prices are fairly reasonable and you usually receive a discount if you send your old used chips back to the company.

If you google "Bizhub C350 chip resetter" you will probably stumble on a few of these sites.

Stirton.M
07-29-2010, 11:33 PM
There is also a banner ad that periodically comes up with the chip resetter.

As for refurbishing these, we have tried this in the past with mixed results, generally not always reliable. The black and white machines are better suited and are intended to be restarted periodically, but the colour units are not designed for this purpose. Not saying don't bother, just adding personal experience has convinced me that putting in a new IU is more reliable.

aesthetics1
07-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I whole-heartedly agree. In a color-sensitive environment you may want to swap it out. If it is just printing basic office forms/documents and not a lot of photos or Desktop Publishing work, you may be able to save a few bucks.

burncrauder
08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys!

Bizhub
08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Try Copierchips WWW.COPIERCHIPS.COM (http://www.COPIERCHIPS.COM) they can help you with all your chip and IU needs

Regards to everyone

:p

burncrauder
03-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Just to give a feed back: I bought a chip reseter, and I successfuly reseted some chips, but it gave me only 2 to 3 thousand copies and then started to fail in quality.

So botton line, it's not worthing reseting the UI units unless you can find a good Developer to put back in and replace the old ones, as well as cylinders, and cleaning blades. To much work for to litle quality.

Thanks.

Custom Search