PDA

View Full Version : C220 - FK502 Problems

Custom Search

Johnny_B500
07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I was at a call were a customer intermittently receives only the top quarter of a fax (from random numbers). For the most part faxes are received perfectly fine but once in a while the 'quarter page' issue returns. I personally think it is data drop off. Anyway I have done the following as basic troubleshooting:

- Upgraded to latest firmware (B4 fax version 12).

- ECM if off.

- JBIG is off.

- TX-RX 24.0kbps.

- Initialized fax.

The problem still exists and the customer is certain it is the machine. Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Thanks!

aesthetics1
07-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Can you by any chance change out the fax cord? How is the tone quality when you do an "Off Hook" from the machine? Can you place consistent quality phone calls to/from the line with a telephone attached? Haven't seen this before, just giving you some ideas to check for line quality issues.

Stirton.M
07-29-2010, 11:55 PM
The big question here would be this.

Is the customer's phone line Digital? That is, are they using VOIP?

If so, Konica Minolta does not support VOIP phone lines. There are workarounds that sometimes work, but not always. The fax cards were designed specifically for analog signals.

Also, if the customer is using DSL on an analog line used for fax as well as voice, that will most certainly interfere with fax signals on receiving data. Use of the filters for DSL will also cause problems, though that will be for every signal connection.

copytechman
07-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I've also seen some ESP devices actually introduce a distinct "buzz" or "hum" overtop of the regular signal.. Can cause some strange issues. If your has an esp device, try bypassing it as a test!

Regards!
A.

Johnny_B500
07-30-2010, 02:56 AM
I've also seen some ESP devices actually introduce a distinct "buzz" or "hum" overtop of the regular signal.. Can cause some strange issues. If your has an esp device, try bypassing it as a test!

Regards!
A.

Thanks for the reply. You are correct and yes I did disconnect the fax line from the ESP as part of my troubleshooting. Sorry I forgot to mention it!

copytechman
07-30-2010, 12:01 PM
No worries, hmm, well you've done it all (pretty much) except switch maybe to switch fk502's and/or try a different phone line, otherwise it could be an intermittent line noise issue.. I had an old fax machine a number of years ago, intermittently doing something similar and it was ultimately the line that was the problem (this was after tshooting with another identical model even.

Regards!
A.

Custom Search