PDA

View Full Version : So I might have made it worse...

Custom Search

SavingMoney
07-30-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm not a copier technician, but I am responsible for keeping the machines running, so I'm hoping to get some help with 2 problems I'm having.

Problem 1 is with a bizhub c203 that is failing to pick up pages from the ADF. Doesn't seem to matter if its just 1 page or 20, its just not "gripping" the pages correctly. I've cleaned the seperation pad and pick up roller with a rubber renew solution without long term success. So before I order a new pickup roller I'm hoping to get confirmation that is what needs to be replaced (and possibly a part number).

Second problem has to with a biczhub c252 that jams when running duplex and has a finisher problem, and an imagistics cm2520 (which looks like its just a c252 rebranded) who's optional 2000 page 3rd paper tray is snapped off. I've put a post in the employment section here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/employment/37810-las-vegas.html, I'm basically looking for some technical training on that model and to get them up and running.

Thanks for the help.

Stirton.M
07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
You may need to open up the doc feeder to view the pickup and feed. Open the left cover of the DF, lift the paper tray. On the front side, you will see two long shoulder type screws, remove them. On the back side, you will see two standard type screws. Remove those. This will allow you to flip the feed section open relative to the feed tray. You can put the feed tray down for now. On the feed section, there will be 4 screws holding in the top cover of the unit. Remove those. You will then have full access to the pickup and feed tires.

Basic operation should be that if you turn the shaft that drives the feed tire (clockwise as looking from the front side of the machine), you should see the feed tire turn(single tire), along with the pickup tires(double tires), which should also be turning in unison. The feed tire has a torrington clutch (a one direction only hub) that will allow the feed tire to spin freely clockwise, but not counter clockwise, on the shaft. This sounds counter intuitive to my description earlier about turning the shaft clockwise, but this is how it works. The idea being that if a paper jams while in between this roller and the separation roller (beneath the upper roller), the paper will pass freely and easily through, but when it is being fed, the shaft is doing the work and the torrington clutch will engage and push the paper through.

The pickup tires should be engaged regardless, via direct drive belt from the main drive shaft of the assembly.

Things that could be at fault here could simply be that the torrington is worn out and needs to be replaced. Or the torrington is not the correct one and is a counterclockwise grip type. In other words, if you spin the shaft clockwise and the tire does not turn at all.

In the case of the pickup tires, it is possible that something is blocking them from fully engaging downwards where they should be, held in tension downwards by two small springs on the opposite side of the levers. Check for obstructions that could also be preventing the lower lift plate from fully lifting into position correctly. For example, the paper empty flag may not be sitting correctly, or has popped out of its plastic clips and is preventing the lower plate from fully rising, as well as causing drag on the first sheet of paper.

As for the duplex jam....best thing here is to know what the jam code is related to that jam. In tech rep mode, the jam history will show what the jam event code was in relation to the specific jams that these machines can have. The code itself can reveal where specifically the problem is and will save a lot of time trying to troubleshoot the issue. In most cases where the duplex fails, it is usually the sensor flags, which there are two of them, one might not be clipped in place properly. But for me to know for certain, the jam event code is important and will help a lot towards this end.

As for the imagistics, anything related to that machine regarding tech rep or service codes, will not be the same as the KM model. You may be forced to consult someone who has information with that company directly..

copytechman
07-30-2010, 01:21 AM
On top of the c203 issue i've seen where the tension on the sep roller/torque limiter seems to be too much... I've seen it where a no feed or part feed jam was because of this.. to rectify/adj, lift up the paper entrance tray and look underneath straight in toward the left side of the feed. you should see a small metal plate with 3 small cutouts in it and the end of a spring sitting (usually) in the middle notch, push the end of the spring out so it sits in the lowest notch... no tools req... done quite a few and no return calls as of yet.

Regards!
A.

RRodgers
07-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Whip out a knife and cut some new tread into the feed tire/belt. If it starts feeding again... ya need a new tire/belt if it doesn't... your problem probably lies in the sep pressure as mentioned above.
I've cut new tread into tires that I didn't have on me and had to order. This usually makes them work again (for a while) but is not a sure fire fix as they wear out again and stop feeding.

SavingMoney
07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Stirton.M those were incredible step by step instructions.

Thank you for the help guys, I really appreciate it, I will try to check the lower lift plate and the spring position first, and will get back to you (I know I moved that around once already). Should be Monday with some news.

RRodgers
06-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Stirton.M those were incredible step by step instructions.

Thank you for the help guys, I really appreciate it, I will try to check the lower lift plate and the spring position first, and will get back to you (I know I moved that around once already). Should be Monday with some news.

Which Monday?

JustManuals
06-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Which Monday?

Why? Are you holding your breath? :rolleyes:

fixthecopier
06-02-2011, 11:10 AM
nothing like follow up so others can benefit from it

JustManuals
06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Another hit and run, keep giving out your tech knowledge to every Tom Dick and Harry who stumbles in and your trade will go the way of the dodo too.

And before you go off and tell me about selling them manuals, to an inexperienced end user, even with a manual he's more than likely to gum up the works even more, and when he finally calls a tech, it's going to cost him much more in the long run.

RRodgers
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Why? Are you holding your breath? :rolleyes:

(eep yep )

copytechman
06-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Lol thats for sure!

Regards!
A.

SavingMoney
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Didn't mean to just take advice and run, although I might not be able to contribute much, the help I've been provided on this forum is appreciated.

The bizhub c203, ADF magically started working, between post and response, so I didn't want to mess with it once it was working.

The jam from the bizhub c252 on duplex prints was created by the entire side panel not being lined up. I guess while moving the machine we had "shifted" the rollers just enough that duplex jobs were getting caught. So we centered up the side panel, tightned some screws and it started working great.

Again, thanks for the help

Custom Search