PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-351 weirdness

Custom Search

mitchl
05-31-2007, 06:15 PM
We get a call from the customer stating that they need a new black IU, so we send out the tech with both the re-set tool and a new IU. The message being given wasn't for replacement it was saying "please insert correct imaging unit". Now keep in mind that the IU in question was 35k into its life and it threw this message up out of the blue. We did do a reset to verify that the correct info was in the IU and then replaced it with a new one when that didn't work, we also at this point have done a memory clear........ Nothing but the same message, has anyone seen this before and if so whats the fix? I know at this point what I'm probably going to hear :eek:but its worth a shot. Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Bizhub
05-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi Mitch

I have had this one!
Has someone removed and cleaned the LED bed in the past ?
If so you may find that the connectors are not fully plugged in on the board.
Also I have had dirty and damaged connectors on the IU terminals (IU and LED bed side)
Good Luck

Bizzy

mitchl
05-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Mitch

I have had this one!
Has someone removed and cleaned the LED bed in the past ?
If so you may find that the connectors are not fully plugged in on the board.
Also I have had dirty and damaged connectors on the IU terminals (IU and LED bed side)
Good Luck

Bizzy
No luck..........On to the next item, anybody else have any ideas?

Bizhub
05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Did you replace the whole imaging unit ?

If not is the connector to the IU chip/board damaged ?
Does your resetter confirm colour and model ?
It does sound engineer induced, what else has happened in the life of the machine?

Regards

Bizzy

mitchl
05-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Did you replace the whole imaging unit ?

If not is the connector to the IU chip/board damaged ?
Does your resetter confirm colour and model ?
It does sound engineer induced, what else has happened in the life of the machine?

Regards

Bizzy
No damage to the IU or chip board
Yes on the color and model it confirms both.
The machine has been flawless and service call free through 75k copies. This is its first call!
The tech reports that the machine is as clean as a whistle inside, even around the connections on the LED bed. We are beginning to think board and will use a new one as a donor in the morning to figure this thing out. I'll let you know what we find out but in the mean time if you think of anything else let me know.............. The tech induced thing is great and at my place is probably about 80% accurate but I cant go there this time as the machine has never had a call!

Bizhub
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
The last thing I can find is a reference to your NVRam failing.

I quote from the troubleshooting guide

please install

imaging unit
correctly
Phase 2.01
Phase 2.5
unknown Install new NV-Ram No information yet for
phase 3

Good Luck

nightshade
06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
The last thing I can find is a reference to your NVRam failing.

I quote from the troubleshooting guide

please install

imaging unit

correctly
Phase 2.01
Phase 2.5
unknown Install new NV-Ram No information yet for
phase 3

Good Luck

This is where I would go. Whenever a "weird" issue comes up it always is the NVRAM that is bad.

mitchl
06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
This is where I would go. Whenever a "weird" issue comes up it always is the NVRAM that is bad.
I have to chalk this one up to DAT...... Dumb Ass Technician or TOD....... Tech On Dope:mad: Thanks for your input, everything is working the way God and the fine folks at KM intended it to.

Scott_Lewis
06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
I have to chalk this one up to DAT...... Dumb Ass Technician or TOD....... Tech On Dope:mad: Thanks for your input, everything is working the way God and the fine folks at KM intended it to.

Now you can let us in on what actually happened. You can always blame it on the 'other' DAT. :D

mitchl
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Now you can let us in on what actually happened. You can always blame it on the 'other' DAT. :D
Being the owner I always get to point the finger in a different direction! I guess the tech who went out there just didn't quite understand how to use the re-set tool as near as I can tell, but of course he says he knows it like the back of his hand..............NOT! Again thanks guys for the help and input, hopefully the next time we have a dire need for assistance we actually will need it!:rolleyes:

Custom Search