PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub BW 350, C2351: Toner Suction Fan Motor Failure.

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Bizhub BW 350 C2351: Toner Suction Fan Motor Failure.

Never had this code before with our machines until 10 days ago. But now within those days it happened 3 times on several machines!

Perhaps this is coincidence perhaps are we jinxed. Does this service code occur often with machines in your field?

Hans

aleksander
08-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Have you ever try to replace the fan? try it.

Hansoon
08-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Have you ever try to replace the fan? try it.

Good Lord........... Aleksander, really, you're pulling my leg??

Hans

aleksander
08-04-2010, 09:10 AM
pardon?

deep
08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
If this thing happen to me, I would check the power source first.

Hansoon
08-04-2010, 10:15 AM
pardon? Aleksander, the original question in my post was if any of the other colleagues had similar experiences.

The reason is, that we never had this service code until now but suddenly 3 different machines in 3 different locations came up with this error in the past 10 days.

Ofcourse would be the only proper action to replace the fans. That's what we did. Being a copier tech for over 35 years I felt a little "touched" by your question if I had considered to replace the fan, which is so obvious.

Hans

copytechman
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Is it the fan in the middle of rear of the machine (approx lower right with cheesy filter like thingy on it?) If so then yes I've done 1, it was noisy and slow due to all the dust build up, cleaned 'er up and it ran till I rep'd it with a new one (just in case).. I've seen Minolta (before KM) fans fail like that, first a once in while maybe fan code then all the time.. back in the "old" days it was usually one of the 2 speed fans (looked like a mini blower) if ya took it out and hooked it up to psu it would still "work" just not at the correct speed! (Gotta love Minolta analog!)

Regards!
A.

Hansoon
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Yep, that's the one. I replaced all three with #9313-1710-51 from Di-351 junkers. That fan is similar except that it draws 0.15 Amps instead of the 0.18 from the original fan, but it works until now.

Here in Germany the original fan costs lots of $$$$ (Euros in this case) and I didn't want to do KonicaMinolta the favor of ordering 3 fans at once. I'm not willing to replace stupid simple low tech parts only because a manufacturer discovered they could save 10 cents per machine by choosing crap instead of decent fans. I have no understanding for that cause it happens with machines having between 50 -120K on the clock only. This is just such a nuisance as the breaking of cassette holders and failing mag roller collars causing a crash of drum and developer unit.

Hans

Custom Search