PDA

View Full Version : CL7000 error code sc389

Custom Search

Christiamm
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I have a friend wh own a ricoh cl7000 and an error code appears on display SC 389.

Could some one help?

Thanks

Cipher
06-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Try taking the magenta dev unit out and cleaning the contacts of any excess toner.

paulg
06-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi all,

I have a friend wh own a ricoh cl7000 and an error code appears on display SC 389.

Could some one help?

Thanks

What daz says about the contacts is a good tip, but there was also a mod to one for the gears on these machines dev units if i rember correctly. As they have a tendency to move forward although its normally the cyan or yellow units as they are in the centre of the mc and the brown bar occasionally bends or is not tightly enough screwed in.

When changing units always make sure each unit is pushed in and the bar is tightened.

Also when loading new units check they have set up correctly forgotten the code but its in the sm. If you don't set up the dev units correctly when first installed or replaced you will have all sorts of problems later.

While on the subject always check the green lever is in the correct postion, had a good few of calls on this machine where the the lever is down and causes a code.

Tonerbomb
06-03-2007, 01:26 AM
What daz says about the contacts is a good tip, but there was also a mod to one for the gears on these machines dev units if i rember correctly. As they have a tendency to move forward although its normally the cyan or yellow units as they are in the centre of the mc and the brown bar occasionally bends or is not tightly enough screwed in.

When changing units always make sure each unit is pushed in and the bar is tightened.

Also when loading new units check they have set up correctly forgotten the code but its in the sm. If you don't set up the dev units correctly when first installed or replaced you will have all sorts of problems later.

While on the subject always check the green lever is in the correct postion, had a good few of calls on this machine where the the lever is down and causes a code.
BTW the green lever down code is SC 471.

Cipher
06-03-2007, 11:58 AM
SC471 is the error you get when the home position of the C, M, Y transfer plate is incorrect.
The machine highers and lowers this plate via a small motor and worm gear.

The manual green lever does not have a H.P sensor the only protection is that the front door shouldn't close if the lever is in the down position.

But if a customer does manages to force the door closed all they should get are light and patchy copies (mainly on black).
Because the transfer roller under the ITB belt would not be up against the black drum.

alejovel
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I had the same problem, but I had to replace the magenta cartridge for some sensor error. I bought it compatible, Ricoh Aficio AP3800C CL7000 Laser Toner Set Black Cyan Magenta Yellow Image Toner - Color Laser Toner Supplies (http://www.imagetoner.com/ricoh-aficio-ap3800c-cl7000-toner-black-cyan-magenta-yellow-p-125.html) I don't know if that is a good price.

lisaonthelb
09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
BTW the green lever down code is SC 471.
i have a savin slp38c printer, does it also have this green lever? if so, where is it located? i am getting the sc 471 error. thank you

FRIDGEMAGNET
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
SC471 is a completely different fault, nothing to do with the green lever - look behind the front cover and if the green lever is in the up position then you need to look elsewhere.
This is another problem to do with the transfer belt not raising correctly for color prints.

I must have Ciphers syndrome and must go now -
"I try to help, but maybe I'm just to drunk."

skinnypuppy
09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Inidicates faulty development of patch or reading of patch on transfer belt of magenta development. Possible cause's I have seen are
1Bad Dev unit or dirty contacts on unit or m/c
2 Bad Dev clutch drive. Replace clutch
3 Not enough toner getting into dev unit. Toner suction motor(located on back frame of machine for each unit) or plugged lines.

Helpfull troubleshooting would be to print of a test page if you can and see what the magenta coverage looks like.

Oh yeah it is also possible that a bad mag drum unit and or dirty charge roller can cause this.

The manual also indicates that a laser problem can cause this (try cleaning the slit glass with that long green wand brush)
Manual also indactes it my be caused by poor image transfer but in my experience this usually leads to a 385 not 389 code.

Hope this helps

Custom Search