PDA

View Full Version : Konca Minolta C500 IP921 not working.

Custom Search

johva
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I installed a IP921 into my C500 from a parts C500 and got a SC-89-01 code. As a suggestion from a forum member, I replaced all the boards from the parts machine and navigated to Board change in 25 mode and entered the serial number from the parts machine. The C500 Powered UP It makes great copies. However, I have another problem. The Print and Scan key buttons don't work. The machine does not recognized the print controller. is there a switch in 25 mode to recognize the IP-921 or does it need a firmware update. Please advise. Johva.

RRodgers
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
It should just come right up. I would go and double check that you've put all the connectors on. Power connectors and interface connectors. Failing that... ya may have to reinstall the OS in the Fiery.

random
08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
The IP921 has a seperate power supply. If the red LED's don't light up then it probably isn't installed. It should be (looking at the rear of the machine, cover off) on the bottom right.

RRodgers
08-04-2010, 08:40 PM
The IP921 has a seperate power supply. If the red LED's don't light up then it probably isn't installed. It should be (looking at the rear of the machine, cover off) on the bottom right.

That's right, I forgot about that power supply.

Leonard
08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
hi guys,
maybe my question no relation with title....but i'm need help from the expert....
my name Leonard i'm from indonesia. i'm basic user for KM C500 pro...when i start on the IP-901, after running to "windows embedded" then everytime the monitor was blank out/off.Is that normal...so until this time i just using our C500 only for copying, not for printing. Anybody can exlain to us. Thank you very much before.

Stirton.M
08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
The fiery is not designed for use as a regular computer, remove the monitor and keyboard and mouse.

The fiery acts solely as a print server, nothing more. You set it up for network settings via command workstation or through a web browser using JAVA. Once it is configured, you install the drivers on the PC and that is pretty much it. Command workstation will allow you to view the active queues, modify and resend the jobs on demand.

RRodgers
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
hi guys,
maybe my question no relation with title....but i'm need help from the expert....
my name Leonard i'm from indonesia. i'm basic user for KM C500 pro...when i start on the IP-901, after running to "windows embedded" then everytime the monitor was blank out/off.Is that normal...so until this time i just using our C500 only for copying, not for printing. Anybody can exlain to us. Thank you very much before.

Next time, start a new thread. This is a thread about 921's and you are asking about 901's.

Leonard
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
The fiery is not designed for use as a regular computer, remove the monitor and keyboard and mouse.

The fiery acts solely as a print server, nothing more. You set it up for network settings via command workstation or through a web browser using JAVA. Once it is configured, you install the drivers on the PC and that is pretty much it. Command workstation will allow you to view the active queues, modify and resend the jobs on demand.

So Mr. Stirton, I need driver C500 pro like regular printer on regular pc? But when I bought C500 pro there are not come with cd driver only cd manual service. So maybe I need to download rom internet? Thank you

Leonard
08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
sorry....

Impossible
12-16-2011, 04:55 AM
I recently acquired a previously owned Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 with embedded Fiery IP-921 print controller. The machine seems to be operating properly for all Copier-related functions, but I have not yet been able to setup the Fiery successfully. I plugged it into the network, specified an IP address on the copier settings in Key Operator mode, and can successfully ping that IP address from my computer. I downloaded the correct Windows drivers, but when I try to "Add Printer" I can't see it on the network and don't know how to address it manually. Does anyone know what I need to do next?

Custom Search