PDA

View Full Version : Missing posts

Custom Search

Stirton.M
08-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Just noticed now that there seems that someone did some house cleaning and that several old posts are now no longer there.

Not that it matters too much I suppose, but most of those posts contained a lot of information that new users could theoretically search for and find an instant answer, not that all of them do of course. Just sayin...

08-05-2010, 01:26 AM
I did some cleaning in Kyocera Forum earlier today, I broke apart a big thread that started as "Kyocera tech ready to help" which was turning into a hodge podge of different issues. I split it into about 4-5 individual threads but I didn't delete anything other then a few firmware requests were obviously posted by non-techs. Where was the stuff that might be missing

Stirton.M
08-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Actually, I am not talking about any one or two posts. What I am referring to is that many of the separate forums there are literally more than a thousand threads, or at least there were, that are no longer there. Though it is not a huge issue for me, many of those posts would have contained information for newbies to search for their specific issues, rather than, theoretically, creating a new one to rehash the same answers. Just my minor concern.

That and the misleading page showing the different forums and how many threads and posts are contained as seen in the attached image....

08-05-2010, 02:22 AM
I think they are all there but I will have someone else look at it later, check your thread age cutoff settings and see if that is a problem.

Settings >> General Settings >> Thread display options (about 3/4 down the page)
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Set it to "all" or "Use Forum Default"

Stirton.M
08-05-2010, 02:32 AM
I think they are all there but I will have someone else look at it later, check your thread age cutoff settings and see if that is a problem.

Settings >> General Settings >> Thread display options (about 3/4 down the page)

Set it to "all" or "Use Forum Default"

Absent minded sometimes I can be...

thanks...heh

Though I should add there is a bit of a bug in the search engine related to that setting, which is why I brought it up....

08-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Glad I could help. I did some searches and everything was ok for me?

Stirton.M
08-06-2010, 07:12 AM
ya, it does work...but what I found was that if I limit the threads as you pointed out, when I do a search based on those limit settings, I got nul returns on some of the search terms I used that I knew for certain were present. It was what led me to put up this thread to begin with.

So in retrospect, there really wasn't a problem...least not a serious one.

deep
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes, they are all there just not being showed up on the forum.
Luckily, I can find the hidden posts via the search engine.

08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, they are all there just not being showed up on the forum.
Luckily, I can find the hidden posts via the search engine.

The posts are not "Hidden" your settings are just not displaying them, follow the instructions in this post to see them all. (if you want to see them all)

deep
08-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Thank you sir,

I had carried out your instructions in post #4 before postiong but this is not a problem for me to retrieve a few "missing posts" because I used to put the URL Link of some threads in "MY Favorite" folder.

Thanks again for your help.

Custom Search