PDA

View Full Version : C652 Totally reset!!

Custom Search

Copper0
08-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Good day I've a real strange 1,a c652 has totally reset:all serial numbers,options everything!Have re-enter main serial no's,reset the options.Now I've got a license issue with the mc. fortunatly the mc has a fiery because it tells me "only black printing can be done". Would really appreciate some advice on this Thanks.

RRodgers
08-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Sounds like your NVram took a dump. Someone that has access to KM's web site (ie a tech) can get a new lic number for ya. I take it you are an end user, at this point I would point you in the direction of calling your local branch or dealer to take care of this issue for you.

Copper0
08-05-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm the techie! M/c has so far retained all the info I reset,if the NVram took a dump as you suggest the settings would'nt have taken. Even the total count was set back to zero!

Stirton.M
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
What is the symptoms, aside from black and white printing, on the machine. Are there any code events shown?

In many cases, if NVRAM goes south, it can do some strange things. According to your descriptions that you've revealed so far, NVRAM is my guess too. If you are getting a license error, then the NVRAM may have to be replaced.

See the attached zip file, it contains the pdfs for dealing with this specific issue. Read the TAD.pdf first for details.

Custom Search