PDA

View Full Version : Prints gray with sp8200

Custom Search

kassa
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello guys I have a sp8200 producing prints gray.
The counter of the machine is 133224 and no maintenance has been done to pcdu.
In my opinion the developer is causing the problem but the duration should not be 320000?
The machine makes several individual prints and perhaps this is causing the problem.
Your opinions?
Suggestions?

Hello and thank you.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5112/sp8200000101.jpg

TonerMunkeh
08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Rebuild the PCU. With the Alex, you're lucky if you get to 50k without replacing the developer. Do the lot tho, drum and dev.

zed255
08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm with TonerMunkeh, PM the process area. Never mind what the yield says it should be, on these you have to do it when it becomes an issue, and that will be well before yield.

TonerMunkeh
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I forgot to say - make sure you clean the mag roller, it will be caked with toner. Run a piece of folded paper down the doctor gap too.

tcs04
08-05-2010, 10:53 PM
As suggested, check the mag roller. If it's black, use a cotton cloth and the existing dev to scrub the roller until silver.

kassa
08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
ok thanks for the tips.
The customer was not aware of this problem and I'll ignore it for now

totoro
08-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Ignoring this is NOT a good idea. The problem will continue to get worse and then they'll say you were just there. I always find problems that the customer hasn't complained of yet. I fix the issues and then let the customer know what I did. They will remember things like this and who did it. Always do the job as if you were the customer and you won't have any problems.

secretweapon23
08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Ignoring this is NOT a good idea. The problem will continue to get worse and then they'll say you were just there. I always find problems that the customer hasn't complained of yet. I fix the issues and then let the customer know what I did. They will remember things like this and who did it. Always do the job as if you were the customer and you won't have any problems.

you're defenitely right.....

kassa
08-06-2010, 09:07 AM
and for transfer section the real pm whati is? ;)

and for fuser?

TonerMunkeh
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
What I normally do on these fella's:

Transfer - empty waste, give the rollers inside the belt a clean. Switch off the waste overflow sensor with SP-2960.
Fuser - check web consumption (cry if it needs one), clean thermistors and strippers.
PDCU - clean mag and charge rollers. Vac out waste coils. Replace drum at 160k, dev whenever it has a hissy fit (which will be WELL below 300k).
Feed - clean all feed tyres, bit of air duster on the paper end sensors.

That's about it really

secretweapon23
08-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Is there any countermeasure that have been issued w/ regards to this light/gray prints of SP 8200DN(Alex P1) other than that you said Tonermunkeh? just asking co'z we have recent call and the same with kassa's problem.

morgansterne
08-13-2010, 03:42 AM
don't forget that frequently on the mp4000/5000 it is necessary to replace the mag roller which requires you to replace the whole dv unit. The DV unit is similar but not the same part number as the copier version. I find that scrubbing the mag roller is useless without the DV change. I don't do drums on these often at all though -- less than I used to on the old versions of this (2035's mp4500's etc.). I don't know if that's due to the D009 drum being different or if it's the PCDU style.
Is anybody buying the whole maintenance kit or is everyone replacing DV individually?
Morgan

TonerMunkeh
08-13-2010, 07:36 AM
There was a modified developer unit issued along with a couple of bottles of modified toner. From what I'd heard from fellow techs, it didn't make the slightest bit of difference. If you get background on one of these, it will be the dev or drum. There is no other choice but to replace them.

I was actually at one last week, slight background. Drum was on 176k, so I replaced it. Switched the machine back on, ran ID PWM and grayscale adjudstment, then started testing the machine. Background 10x worse now. Growled and swore a bit. Replaced the developer, all was hunky dory. The problem is with these bastard things is there is no simple cure to the background, usually it's a complete PCDU rebuild.

tcs04
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
There was a modified developer unit issued along with a couple of bottles of modified toner. From what I'd heard from fellow techs, it didn't make the slightest bit of difference. If you get background on one of these, it will be the dev or drum. There is no other choice but to replace them.

I was actually at one last week, slight background. Drum was on 176k, so I replaced it. Switched the machine back on, ran ID PWM and grayscale adjudstment, then started testing the machine. Background 10x worse now. Growled and swore a bit. Replaced the developer, all was hunky dory. The problem is with these bastard things is there is no simple cure to the background, usually it's a complete PCDU rebuild.

Had the same on a couple of MP4500's
As you say, trying to replace just the drum, clean the mag roller and reset the ID etc just results in MASSIVE background. Only a new dev cures the problem:mad::mad:

Custom Search