PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020 - error F26-1

Custom Search

BillAgudelo
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi, fellows,

A customer has a 7020 with error F-26-1

There is plenty toner in the bottle which appears to fit nomally.
When the copier goes on, the drum and developer unit seem to turn OK for a second or two then I get the code.

I pulled the toner out and peeked inside while turning the copier ON but I do not see the coupler at the end of the hole turn at all, then I get the code again.

Could it be a problem with the toner supply motor (M10)?

Please help.

BIG PAPA
08-05-2010, 03:57 PM
F26-1 is a issue in your dev unit, not the toner bottle itself. L-detect is not getting proper readings from tds sensor. bad sensor, developer, or etc...

BillAgudelo
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your reply, Big Papa.

The girl operator said the copies looked good before it went down. But it may be possible the the developer needs replacement.

What else should I look into before replacing the developer?

BIG PAPA
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
First I would examine the developer, see if it looks ok(ie not gray in color, and not clumping). Then I would carefully remove the TDS sensor from the bottom of the unit and wipe it off and make sure nothing is stuck on it. and reinstall. see what happens. Normally it is either a problem with the sensor or the dev. Had people say they run L-detect again and it works, but not a fan of this as it can effect copy quality, but in a pinch before replacing parts you can try.

Custom Search