PDA

View Full Version : Binder Minder removal...

Custom Search

Holesaletech27
08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I have a Bizhub 200 with one of those crappy Binder Minder options on it. After I swapped back to an ADF, I'm getting enlarged copies from the glass(even though the R/E ratio is at 100%). When I try to use the ADF, it feeds through, flashes an error(screen flashes too quick to get the error info), then resets. Is there somethinhg I need to disable the binder minder?

blackcat4866
08-05-2010, 10:17 PM
There is an extra set of mirrors that are two-sided-taped to the original light source two and light source three mirrors. Good luck getting that nasty adhesive off the front surface mirror without damaging the coating.

I wish I didn't know what a Binder Minder was. My customer was a public library that wanted it on a Sharp AR-BC260 (Apyllon). Take my word on this: Never put a Binder Minder on a color machine! It would not do a valid color calibration as a result of the poor focus with the extra mirrors. Myself and another tech spent 40+ hours trying to do a valid color calibration and get rid of the purple blurry copies at the trail of 11x17. The only way to calibrate was to remove the Binder Minder, calibrate, then reinstall. Then avoid 11x17 originals, since they were still blurry and purplish at the trail. Since they only did letter, the issue never came up (amazingly).

What a piece of crap! For this to work, the extra light source two & three mirrors need a fine adjustment screw to allow proper focussing. The two sided tape is just bad design. =^..^=

Holesaletech27
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow, looks lke I have a few hours worth of work to do on this still... Thanks a lot, I never would have figured this out without ever installing one. Hope I never have to deal with one again!

Holesaletech27
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks like I lucked out for once... They must have changed the install, because the extra mirrors were held on by clips instead of 2-way tape. Also had to swap out the exposure lamp reflector plate. Thanks again for the help!

emujo
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
OK I'll bite...what is a binder minder? Never heard of this. Emujo

Holesaletech27
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
It's an option for copying books. It looks like a shirt press... It's raised a bit higher than a standard platen glass so the spine of the book doesn't become damaged from being smooshed from the ADF or standard platen cover.

blackcat4866
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about the larger reflector.

I don't know how this works on a Konica Minolta, but on the Sharp it was necessary to drill out a couple of spot welds through the top frame, then saw off a piece of the top frame. I was not a job for the faint of heart. =^..^=

Holesaletech27
08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
It was held on by a couple self tapping screws. Sounds like I got off easy... :)

Custom Search