PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica c451 Open Cover Error on boot up

Custom Search

Oscar57
08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Hi,

Anybody every have a Konica c451 Open Cover Error on boot up. The Error states "the part indicated by the > arrow is open. Ensure that it is properly closed." Well there is no arrow pointing to any cover being open. Cannot print with this standing error. Any help would be appreciated. I also tried a hard reset.

Stirton.M
08-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Sometimes the machine can get stupid and needs a good firm kick...open and close every available door, cover on the machine one at a time. If it does not correct itself, call a service tech to look at the machine. It could need a firmware reflash, or there is some other issue not readily apparent from a user perspective.

emujo
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Disconnect the finisher and bridge unit and see if message goes away, if so trouble shoot for a bad MS that detects the open/closed position of the finisher shutter. Emujo

tcs04
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi,

Anybody every have a Konica c451 Open Cover Error on boot up. The Error states "the part indicated by the > arrow is open. Ensure that it is properly closed." Well there is no arrow pointing to any cover being open. Cannot print with this standing error. Any help would be appreciated. I also tried a hard reset.

If it was a Ricoh, I would be looking at the laser safety circuit! I assume the K M is similar. Will look when I get time.

Oscar57
08-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Disconnect the finisher and bridge unit and see if message goes away, if so trouble shoot for a bad MS that detects the open/closed position of the finisher shutter. Emujo

That was it. Thanks for your help!

Stirton.M
08-06-2010, 11:53 PM
This is the second time I noticed you compare a ricoh to a Konica...last time I looked, there are no similarities between the two company lines, aside from both using similar technology to make a print using the toner method.

tcs04
08-10-2010, 08:51 AM
You would be surprised!

Stirton.M
08-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, for one, there is no laser safety circuit.

tcs04
08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, for one, there is no laser safety circuit.

Next time I'm at a 451, I'll open the covers and check!!

Stirton.M
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
All switches (both optical and mechanical) related to the doors on any KM machine will trigger an open signal on the control panel, with a picture of the open part indicated on the control panel. And as such, ANY open door will shut down the print head, regardless. Previous generations, the print heads were separate for all four colours, and they employed a mechanical cover on the PH unit itself that closed when an IU was pulled out. That was the extent of the "safety" on that series. C451, the PH unit is an all in one design but also employs a mechanical cover when the IU is removed. Situations like the one above, are not typical of a properly running machine. Emujo's explanation illustrates that some areas internal can trigger this issue if the optical sensor is damaged or there is a board level problem.

Custom Search