PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Biz501/DF-613 False Jam Indicated (J6102)

Custom Search

907tec
08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Customer has a relatively new Bizhub 501 with DF-613 doc feeder. When attempting to copy multiple 2-sided originals, the machine will register a misfeed on the very last page (and only the last page). The jam code is J6102, and only occurs after the last page has exited the rollers. SM says that original feed sensor (PS6) doesn't turn on fast enough after original feed motor (M1) turns on. Have cleaned every shaft, clutch, one way, bearing, bushing, etc that is in this beast. Checked all the sensor flags, checked to make sure springs were in place, cleaned feed rolls...spent hours and hours in this thing.

I did see one mention in the Solutions Database that points towards the DF control board being faulty, but it also mentions that the ADF will read "NG" in auto-adjust. I am able to run the autoadjusts properly, making me resistant to throw money at a new board.

Anyone seen this (or similar) issue? I'm about ready to put a whole new ADF on this thing and set fire to the old one.

copytechman
08-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Is the original present sensor hanging up @ the paper entrance, (making the machine think there's another sheet of paper to feed?) Just a thought. I can duplicate 6101's (yeah its not a 6102) by simply keeping the paper present sensor engaged after the last original has fed in. (was testing in simplex, not duplex but the jam code appears to basically be the same). Or maybe it's not falling into it's fully resting position after the last orginal has fed? Had a muratec 2830 do that to me too... Also do the feed rollers actually drop down and "attempt" to feed another sheet in? Dead ringer for a hanging or maybe defective df paper present sensor maybe.

Regards!
A.

907tec
08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I wish. I've been looking for any thing that seems to be out of ordinary on the last sheet's feed. No hesitation when it is picked up by rollers, none on exit. No attempts of the machine to feed another sheet, lift plate is lowered, paper sensor is in unblocked position after last sheet is fed. I've gone so far as to try recreating the conditions that are causing the jam just to learn more about it. Tried loading originals with a really untidy stack, tried holding onto an original as it is being picked up, tried forcing multiple sheet feeds, tried blocking and unblocking paper sensor at random times during the feed process to recreate the J6102....nothing.

The false jam message occurs consistently. Every time a stack of papers is fed through in double-sided mode, the error will appear on last page as it is ejected. Machine asks for you to reload the '1' misfed original. I am heading back there right now to collect some more info...and cause I cant admit defeat...yet. I want to see if the J6101 code comes up during similar use on single sided. Thanks for the tip Copytechman, I'm going to refocus on that paper present sensor and see if I can find anything wrong.

copytechman
08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
No problem, glad to help, let us know how it goes!

Regards!
A.

scottybbb
01-09-2016, 12:15 AM
I know this is and old post but did you find a fix to this?Was it the ADF board?

Custom Search