PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6500 printing problems: effects such as shadows

Custom Search

ellietal
08-08-2010, 09:06 AM
We sometimes have a problem with the C6500 printing specific effects such as feathering, drop shadow, and embossing from Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. We get irrelevant lines or patches of white in the general area. Gradients sometimes are not smooth and colors are wrong. We assume it is connected to preparing the pdf correctly. Any ideas?

HORSE
08-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Likely to be File Issues.

You never mentioned if it was Creo or Fiery?

Just make sure you have installed all the available patches for either, try getting customer to print directly from Illustrator or InDesign rather than creating a PDF and importing.

Also I sometimes find that fully flattening the layers when creating PDF works well, try to use HQ or Press Quality rather than standard. Otherwise try and print from adobe as separations and recombine the separations in the image screen in Properties.

Do what is a soft proof (post RIP preview) and you will see the lines in the preview... show the customer and reach for your docket book.

jma676
08-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Ok, would be a bit easier if we could see a sample, but rather, according to the description I think the problem arises with vectored images and degraded, with respect to the vectorized if they are in Black 100% and have turned black composition of this may see an effect like you describe, in this case should turn to review the Bizhub as maximum densities of the colors might be too high causing a burst in these objects, then I think you should use to calibrate the equipment so you could solve the problem with gradients, (there are some problems with Gradients in some versions of Corel Draw).

Well you can do a quick test, it converts a bitmap file or pixels (TIFF, BMP, JPG any), you will notice the change quickly, the test is only to check the ruling because the quality would be different unless Designer is sufficiently able to convert this without losing quality.

Custom Search