PDA

View Full Version : Konica DI2510F scan to e-mail function

Custom Search

BigusSchmuck
08-08-2010, 01:55 PM
A few questions. First off, is it possible to scan to an e-mail if there is an exchange server offsite? If so, what kind of settings do I need to input in? I have tried putting the DNS, POP3, e-mail address etc with little progress, all I end up getting is the to be sent error. I don't think we need to get more memory, the scan function seems to be scanning to the machine itself, but its not sending to the e-mail address. We have access to the manual, but its kind of vague on what you need to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mr Spock
08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
first make sure that smtp is not blocked before leaving the site.
two verify if the server needs ssl or any special ports.
three set the server to allow the machine to relay through the exchange.
four verify all the settings (ip of exchange, user name, password, email address, port numbers, security settings. )
Are the computers using outlook or outlook express? If express set the machine up just like the computer.

BigusSchmuck
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I believe they are setup like outlook express, all I know they are running outlook on a e-mail server. Where would I find the smpt info on server 2003? Would that be under the exchange server as well as the relay information? There seems to be an awful lot of steps involved in all this... Thanks again for all your help.

Stirton.M
08-08-2010, 10:45 PM
SMTP: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

You can find that information directly on any user's machine. In Outlook, it is in account settings. See attached image.5718

There could be a communication issue regarding how the DNS is set. Generally if I find I am having a problem with connecting, (ie) connection error, I will not use the name of the server (as shown in my example image)...I will ping the name itself in a dos prompt to get the IP address return as seen in this image....5719

Use the IP address itself instead of the name, and this will bypass the DNS stage. There is no guarantee this will fix the problem however.

KenB
08-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Are the users using a VPN client to get to the server?

If so, regardless if using SMTP or not, the MFP will never connect.

BigusSchmuck
08-08-2010, 11:18 PM
We are currently using citrix presentation version 4.0, but there are other scanners that are able to connect. Unfortunately, they are those nasty oce ones, there are only a few konicas...

Custom Search