PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250, jamming at bundle exit.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
The customer complained it jams, but it took a couple of trips for me to duplicate it. The machine showed 15 jams at the "bundle exit". The one time I saw it jam, it had made a set of 5 and failed to eject them, the when it started to make another set, it jammed. After that one time, it would not jam again. Anybody else had this?

mo0651
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
This has been talked about before. yYou may try search feature. Clean the one-way bearings on the shafts of the green knobs for clearing jams in the finisher exit. Yes you have to take it apart to get to them. Clean off oil and scotch-brite the shafts. Probably wont have to replace them.

fixthecopier
08-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the reply, however when I searched bundle exit, i did not find it. Maybe it is me.

mo0651
08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Sorry, Probably the word bundle. The posts even had the parts manual pic of that area. Good Luck!

Millennium
08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Two other less common fixes to look for:

The bracket that sits below of the exit rollers and a little rear side of the machine has some play in it when the screws are not tightened completely. Over time it can work it's way down, resulting in a lack of connection from the gear on the bracket to the gear on the exit roller shaft. While this normally causes a code, it can also cause that jam.

Also, check both solenoids on the exit area (I believe the one closes to the one-way already spoken about is the more relevant of the two). If it is not firing, you can also get jams/codes.

But, as mo0651 said, that one way is solution numero uno.

Johnny_B500
08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I've actually had the bundle exit jam caused by a cracked gear in the finisher elevator. I can't remember the specifics but It's worth a look.

fixthecopier
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks to all who replied, I will do the one way bearings tomorrow.

rocky246
08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I've had several machines need the one-ways replaced for this. I had one that worked good for a few days after putting one ways in and it started doing it again. Ended up putting in the shaft the one ways go on and haven't heard from them for a few months now.

Custom Search